Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,757 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Apps uninstalling without my interaction?

Tip us?

bubu.
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Apps uninstalling without my interaction?

Hi,

yesterday I switched from Dalvik to ART on my D855 (Germany version, unrooted). Everything worked okay. I used my apps as usual.
Even todays morning I still used Whatsapp, Threema and Swype as my keyboard and some more.

I was in the city with only 2% battery left - no problem I thought. I left the phone on in my pocket until I noticed it turned off. Okay, also no problem.
When I came home, I plugged in the charger, booted the phone and left it charging. Some time later I noticed that some apps were missing. I couldn't find them, so I went ahead into the appstore and there I saw it: They displayed with the button "install" on them. Amongst them: Swype, Threema, Total Pool, aCalendar+.

Now Im wondering: What the heck? Automatically uninstalled apps? I used them before even.
And Im asking myself: Is there something wrong with my G3? Have I gotten a version with some production errors or what? Im so confused as I have never experienced this before. Did you ever experience such a behaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance

B4rnzEE
Old
(Last edited by B4rnzEE; 4th August 2014 at 04:38 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubu. View Post
Hi,

yesterday I switched from Dalvik to ART on my D855 (Germany version, unrooted). Everything worked okay. I used my apps as usual.
Even todays morning I still used Whatsapp, Threema and Swype as my keyboard and some more.

I was in the city with only 2% battery left - no problem I thought. I left the phone on in my pocket until I noticed it turned off. Okay, also no problem.
When I came home, I plugged in the charger, booted the phone and left it charging. Some time later I noticed that some apps were missing. I couldn't find them, so I went ahead into the appstore and there I saw it: They displayed with the button "install" on them. Amongst them: Swype, Threema, Total Pool, aCalendar+.

Now Im wondering: What the heck? Automatically uninstalled apps? I used them before even.
And Im asking myself: Is there something wrong with my G3? Have I gotten a version with some production errors or what? Im so confused as I have never experienced this before. Did you ever experience such a behaviour?

Thanks a lot in advance
When you switched to art did the reboot process complete on the phone (takes ages!)? Im guessing it didnt and as a result some apps werent optimized for Art.

Ive heard of a few people losing all data and other ussues with apps because of ART process not completing properly or being interupted. Old latent versions of the dalvik app can also somtimes reside in the app folders, making it impossible to reinstall the apps without deleting them manually (Needs root)

Do they work when you reinstall them on ART?

bubu.
Old
(Last edited by bubu.; 4th August 2014 at 05:18 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Actually, it did finish. It was charged fully and I let it take its 10-20minutes until it finished. That was yesterday evening. And afterwards I could use every app properly I tried. So there were NO problems. Also this morning, everything running smoothly.

And then, as I told you above: I was in the city, battery running empty which maked the phone shutdown itself. I came home, charged it, booted it and then apps were gone. That was so strange. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

EDIT: Maybe it took a second reboot until every single app was recompiled and setup properly and the second reboot was only todays morning after the phone running empty. Would that be a possible reason?

EDIT2: Oh, maybe that does NOT make sense as I used those uninstalled apps after the first reboot and before the second reboot todays morning.