Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Update Overload: SuperSU Heavily Updated

There are apps and apps out there. Very few can reach the level of popularity required to stay at … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Audio Quality Through Headphones

OP @home

31st July 2014, 07:27 AM   |  #21  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,013

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude

That would be EXACTLY why you can't tell any of them apart, LOL. It's like saying Blu-Ray and DVD look the exact same when you're watching them on your 13" CRT TV.

And no... the stock buds that come with a phone aren't good. They're terrible. Quite literally the only good things you can say is that they put sound in your ear and it's possible to buy worse ones at a 7/11.

Lol the Rezound headphones are nice actually.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
31st July 2014, 04:41 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 210

1,170 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034

Lol the Rezound headphones are nice actually.

I remember the Rezound. Came with those little baby Beats headphones. They're passable, sure. Above average for stock headphones, even.

Nice? Capable of hearing the differences between the G3/S5/M8/Z2? Worth keeping instead of buying even $50 replacements? Capable of telling when an mp3 is encoded above 128? HELLLLLLLLL no.

I'm not a Beats hater either (well, I do hate their audio hijacking of computers, but the headphones are fine). I am, however, a guy who takes headphones fairly seriously and has to chuckle when someone talks about audio output quality and they're using the earbuds that came with a phone.
31st July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #23  
Flag Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 274

1,846 posts
More
The music and calling sound are great.
With Play Music, there's no interruption between tracks, and music is smooth and natural with 192kbps ogg vorbis.
31st July 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #24  
Thanks Meter: 16

73 posts
the phones loud speaker while playing music is louder and better than most phones, even better then the Z2!
1st August 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #25  
Flag Amsterdam, NY
Thanks Meter: 1,013

4,956 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude

I remember the Rezound. Came with those little baby Beats headphones. They're passable, sure. Above average for stock headphones, even.

Nice? Capable of hearing the differences between the G3/S5/M8/Z2? Worth keeping instead of buying even $50 replacements? Capable of telling when an mp3 is encoded above 128? HELLLLLLLLL no.

I'm not a Beats hater either (well, I do hate their audio hijacking of computers, but the headphones are fine). I am, however, a guy who takes headphones fairly seriously and has to chuckle when someone talks about audio output quality and they're using the earbuds that came with a phone.

They sound a lot better than the beats solos I bought. I returned the solos because of that.

13th August 2014, 09:25 AM   |  #26  
Thanks Meter: 280

844 posts
More
Debating between this phone and the S5 (likely to be getting one of the 2 this weekend) and sound quality is the big deciding factor for me, I'm replacing my 2.5 year old Droid RAZR Maxx which honestly wasn't all that good in sound quality (thru the use of Poweramps Equalizers I was able to get it passable), I'm looking for a phone with the sound quality comparable to the Tab 2 7" or the old Samsung Galaxy PLAYER 4.0 with voodoo sound and poweramp (I miss using that since it's sdcard slot died, it had great sound), do either the S5 or G3 compare to either of those?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread