Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,209 Members 36,819 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Audio Quality Through Headphones

Tip us?

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
That would be EXACTLY why you can't tell any of them apart, LOL. It's like saying Blu-Ray and DVD look the exact same when you're watching them on your 13" CRT TV.

And no... the stock buds that come with a phone aren't good. They're terrible. Quite literally the only good things you can say is that they put sound in your ear and it's possible to buy worse ones at a 7/11.
Lol the Rezound headphones are nice actually.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

SomeGuyDude
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skizzy034 View Post
Lol the Rezound headphones are nice actually.

I remember the Rezound. Came with those little baby Beats headphones. They're passable, sure. Above average for stock headphones, even.

Nice? Capable of hearing the differences between the G3/S5/M8/Z2? Worth keeping instead of buying even $50 replacements? Capable of telling when an mp3 is encoded above 128? HELLLLLLLLL no.

I'm not a Beats hater either (well, I do hate their audio hijacking of computers, but the headphones are fine). I am, however, a guy who takes headphones fairly seriously and has to chuckle when someone talks about audio output quality and they're using the earbuds that came with a phone.
So punish me for weakness, blame me for everything.
I don't like suffering, I like the sympathy it brings.

mingkee
Old
Thanks Meter 256
The music and calling sound are great.
With Play Music, there's no interruption between tracks, and music is smooth and natural with 192kbps ogg vorbis.

hunter2k
Old
Thanks Meter 14
the phones loud speaker while playing music is louder and better than most phones, even better then the Z2!

Skizzy034
Old
Thanks Meter 999
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGuyDude View Post
I remember the Rezound. Came with those little baby Beats headphones. They're passable, sure. Above average for stock headphones, even.

Nice? Capable of hearing the differences between the G3/S5/M8/Z2? Worth keeping instead of buying even $50 replacements? Capable of telling when an mp3 is encoded above 128? HELLLLLLLLL no.

I'm not a Beats hater either (well, I do hate their audio hijacking of computers, but the headphones are fine). I am, however, a guy who takes headphones fairly seriously and has to chuckle when someone talks about audio output quality and they're using the earbuds that came with a phone.
They sound a lot better than the beats solos I bought. I returned the solos because of that.

*NOTE* I'll never recommend using a toolkit to root your device because if you don't know how to root your phone manually, you shouldn't be rooting your phone. -KidCarter93

My Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/sgutowski77

daniel644
Old
Thanks Meter 270
Debating between this phone and the S5 (likely to be getting one of the 2 this weekend) and sound quality is the big deciding factor for me, I'm replacing my 2.5 year old Droid RAZR Maxx which honestly wasn't all that good in sound quality (thru the use of Poweramps Equalizers I was able to get it passable), I'm looking for a phone with the sound quality comparable to the Tab 2 7" or the old Samsung Galaxy PLAYER 4.0 with voodoo sound and poweramp (I miss using that since it's sdcard slot died, it had great sound), do either the S5 or G3 compare to either of those?
Current Devices:
Phone: LG G3 stock verizon with Otterbox Symmetry case
Tablet: Samsung Tab 2 7" P3113 currently testing Romswell V1.1
Player: Samsung Galaxy Player 4.0 testing the latest CM10 Preview Build (otherwise retired due to dieing SD card slot)