No registration required

Basic feature missing?

OP scarecrow2012

13th September 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 10

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCram

I also got a D855 and no voice-dialing. This feature missing is really ridicoulous. I spent some time for googling a solution with any success. Maybe someone of you got more luck?

#1!
Did someone get any further with the problem?
18th September 2014, 01:32 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by soCram

#1!
Did someone get any further with the problem?

Yes, sadly.
I've had some mails with LG Customer Service.
They told me, that this feature isn't implemented at the G3, and that "no modern android smartphone" would have it.
After I replied, that I've successfully tested this function on a Nexus 4 (latest stock rom), Desire Z (latest cm11) and Galaxy S3 (latest cm11), I got another mail from someone else who seems not to get my question and wrote:
"[...] This funktion is simply not existent. "

Quote:

im praktischen Gebrauch Ihres Smartphones koennen Sie selbst entnehmen, dass dieses Modell nicht ueber eine externe Sprachsteuerung verfuegt. Gerne kann ich Ihnen nochmal bestaetigen, dass es sich hierbei nicht um einen technischen Fehler handelt, sondern dieses Funktion schlichtweg nicht vorhanden ist.

Eine Fehlerdiagnose brauch daher sowohl Ihrerseits, als auch unsererseits nicht gestartet werden.

Damn.
18th September 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 10

69 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexxLol

Yes, sadly.
I've had some mails with LG Customer Service.
They told me, that this feature isn't implemented at the G3, and that "no modern android smartphone" would have it.
After I replied, that I've successfully tested this function on a Nexus 4 (latest stock rom), Desire Z (latest cm11) and Galaxy S3 (latest cm11), I got another mail from someone else who seems not to get my question and wrote:
"[...] This funktion is simply not existent. "
Damn.

I got pretty much the same answer to my request. I'm really annoyed by the LG support, which tries to sell a bug as a feature and even starts lying around concerning other smartphone's capabilities.
I'll send my device back next week - it's completely useless in my car.
18th September 2014, 01:51 PM   |  #14  
Thanks Meter: 4

22 posts
More
Had a live chat just now to clear things up.
Yes, the feature isn't implemented.

But "the message" (not sure if mine or any other concerning this) was escalated to software development.
So perhaps, if we are lucky, it will come back with one of the next updates.
To be honest... I wouldn't bet a dime on it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread