Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,768,167 Members 44,762 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Battery Life between the HTC ONE M7 and the G3?

Tip us?
 
Nutzzer
Old
#1  
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Posts: 184
Join Date: Nov 2010
Default [Q] Battery Life between the HTC ONE M7 and the G3?

All,

I'm thinking of picking up the G3, but with all this talk of the battery life, how is it compared to my current daily driver the Htc One M7? I'm hoping its better and not equal to the M7 right?

Any info is appreciated!
 
zeddys
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 23
Posts: 70
Join Date: Jul 2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzzer View Post
All,

I'm thinking of picking up the G3, but with all this talk of the battery life, how is it compared to my current daily driver the Htc One M7? I'm hoping its better and not equal to the M7 right?

Any info is appreciated!
Stay with the HTC or get m8. I'm going to sell my g3. Nice phone but rubbish performance and too many issues like it not working with some aux cables
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#3  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 401
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Apr 2011
I upgraded from a m7 and I'm loving my g3 so far. If I decide to swap it for an m8 it's only for the dev support.

I'm 3 days into my g3 and battery life has been way better than my m7. I did root and remove bloat. Got 5 hrs of screen time with 30% left yesterday, never got close to that on my m7.

Any more questions about comparisons to the m7 feel free to ask
The Following User Says Thank You to Heisenberg420 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
haris182
Old
#4  
haris182's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 41
Posts: 236
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Jakarta

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg420 View Post
I upgraded from a m7 and I'm loving my g3 so far. If I decide to swap it for an m8 it's only for the dev support.

I'm 3 days into my g3 and battery life has been way better than my m7. I did root and remove bloat. Got 5 hrs of screen time with 30% left yesterday, never got close to that on my m7.

Any more questions about comparisons to the m7 feel free to ask
Which bloats did you remove?
Nice screen time you got there

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
♥♡ Beby Chaesara Anadila ♡♥
 
Heisenberg420
Old
#5  
Heisenberg420's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 401
Posts: 1,437
Join Date: Apr 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by haris182 View Post
Which bloats did you remove?
Nice screen time you got there

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Posted it in this thread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54125505
 
big70tom
Old
#6  
big70tom's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 145
Posts: 1,006
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Exeter, CA 93221
Wow, uh like 99 out of 1oo reviews say the g3 performs great. Your unique
 
S3RV1N
Old
#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 10
Join Date: Jul 2014
I got my G3 on friday about midday and am on my second charge. I got 34 hrs with 4 hours of screen time and no battery saver enabled until it completely died. I need to go through a couple more full charge/discharges till the battery is fully broken in. So i would take any battery complaints with a grain of salt as the phone hasnt been out for a week so the battery hasnt been really been broken in.

---------- Post added at 12:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:00 AM ----------

also once L hits the g3 the battery life should see a good bump as well

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Forums Added for the Nvidia Shield Tablet and Sharp Aquos Crystal

Just a few days ago, wetook an in depth look at theNvidia Shield Tabletand … more

[OTA Captured] Android 4.4.3 Lands on European HTC One M7

The secound release of the Android L Developer Previewmay be the new hotness for … more

Take a Perfectly Stable Shot with Open Camera

The camera app on our Android smartphones and tablets isn’t something we focus on all … more

Motorola Droid X Receives Almost Fully Functional KitKat Port

While we are all wondering when Google will decide to officially release … more