Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

Bluetooth Audio Stutter

10th July 2014, 03:24 PM   |  #11  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaring afro

If it's when the screen is off, it sounds like the phone is trying to save power with the cpu and is causing problems. Changing the buffering might help if you use an app that can do that, or disabling this feature of the phone could work too.

I've tried closing down all other apps and turning everything else off Wi-Fi, NFC etc. With regards to changing the buffering do you know of any apps that would allow me to do this?
10th July 2014, 07:49 PM   |  #12  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

6 posts
Confirmed it was enabling ART that caused the Bluetooth audio to stutter. Thanks for the help.
The Following User Says Thank You to Simbady For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th July 2014, 01:25 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 57

466 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbady

Confirmed it was enabling ART that caused the Bluetooth audio to stutter. Thanks for the help.

Thanks for letting us know. That's a big deal for me. Also in case the problem comes back, I haven't ever used a music player that didn't come with the phone so I can't help you there.
11th July 2014, 08:58 AM   |  #14  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 211

228 posts
More
Are any of you guys able to voice dial over bluetooth by pressing/holding the bluetooth button? Redial works fine just not voice dialing.
Im using a D855 32gb
12th July 2014, 09:09 AM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 7

59 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simbady

Np.

Did u have this issue with bluetooth headset also?
12th July 2014, 02:44 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 13

124 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarecrow2012

Are any of you guys able to voice dial over bluetooth by pressing/holding the bluetooth button? Redial works fine just not voice dialing.
Im using a D855 32gb

Are you using ART or Dalvik? I don't have the phone, but this is an important feature to me. Strongly considering this phone, but I don't want to lose features such as dialing a call with a bluetooth device.

Does Google Voice Dial not pop up?
Last edited by sailindawg; 12th July 2014 at 02:46 PM.
21st July 2014, 11:49 AM   |  #17  
Flag Sydney
Thanks Meter: 211

228 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sailindawg

Are you using ART or Dalvik? I don't have the phone, but this is an important feature to me. Strongly considering this phone, but I don't want to lose features such as dialing a call with a bluetooth device.

Does Google Voice Dial not pop up?

Sorry for the late reply I was on holidays. I'm using Dalvik. Holding the headset button does nothing, double pressing the headset button does redial the last number. Google Voice Dial does not pop up. I've tried multiple headsets from different manufacturers with no luck. The BlueAnt headset says that this feature (voice command) is not supported by this handset.

There is a work around to re-map the redial button but its not the best option and only works about 60% of the time. It also costs a couple of bucks but that's not a big deal.

If you have a Android Wear device you can dial from that also.

Bluetooth Voice Dial missing is a huge disappointment for a flagship phone.
21st July 2014, 04:40 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 13

124 posts
More
Playing around with a G3 at an AT&T store, I connected my bluetooth earpiece to the display model. I long pressed the earpiece button and a LG dialog box popped up asking what I wanted to do, listing a call xxxxx command. It listed names & numbers. I use a Plantronics earpiece. It's older, not the latest & greatest, but can be had for under $20. Does anyone else see this?

The AT&T is a model D850, if I recall correctly.
Last edited by sailindawg; 21st July 2014 at 04:42 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread