Sony Refreshes Walkman App with Material Design

The paper-and-ink revolution is taking the Android sphere with the storm, as initially … more

Note 4 CM12 Nightlies, Microsoft Investing in Cyanogen – XDA TV

CyanogenMod 12 Nightlies are now available for the Samsung Galaxy Note … more

Stylish Black Azure Theme for CM12

This black, grey and blue goodness will make your CM12 pop with cold contrast and neat transparencies. If … more

Smart Lock for Chrome Now Available for Chromebooks

Android 5.0 Lollipop introduced a useful feature titled Smart Lock, which kept your … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Bluetooth Audio Stutter

OP Simbady

19th January 2015, 01:38 PM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
What email address did you contact LG via? I can do the same (and haven't installed any custom roms so they can't pull that excuse on me!).
19th January 2015, 03:19 PM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 25

86 posts
For me I found my smart lock always not working correctly and I suspect this is a general bluetooth issue under lollipop for g3
20th January 2015, 04:46 PM   |  #23  

3 posts
Same Problem
Hi, I use the bluetooth in my renault megane 3 with r-link and it was working perfectly till last saturday when i updated my g3 to stock lollipop v20d. It pairs OK but the audio stutters every 10-15 second and its impossible to enjoy my music like this.

Then I installed the resurrection ROM (Also Lollipop) and everything was fine, no audio problems. Then I went back to stock kit kat and everything worked fine too, no audio stutter in my car.

Yesterday I installed the cloudy 2.1 ROM and the problem comes back one more time. Every 10-15 seconds the audio stutter (little pauses) and i just cant use this way.

I also have 2 sony headsets and there are no problems with both of them in all ROMS, the audio quality is great!

My wife also has a G3, still with Kit Kat and has no issues.

What do I do?? any help would be very apreciated.
Last edited by iori_cl; 20th January 2015 at 04:52 PM.
23rd January 2015, 11:37 AM   |  #24  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanbury

What email address did you contact LG via? I can do the same (and haven't installed any custom roms so they can't pull that excuse on me!).

Thanks, I used this website

https://www.lg.com/uk/support/message-customer-support

Be interested to hear how you get on

---------- Post added at 10:37 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by iori_cl

Hi, I use the bluetooth in my renault megane 3 with r-link and it was working perfectly till last saturday when i updated my g3 to stock lollipop v20d. It pairs OK but the audio stutters every 10-15 second and its impossible to enjoy my music like this.

Then I installed the resurrection ROM (Also Lollipop) and everything was fine, no audio problems. Then I went back to stock kit kat and everything worked fine too, no audio stutter in my car.

Yesterday I installed the cloudy 2.1 ROM and the problem comes back one more time. Every 10-15 seconds the audio stutter (little pauses) and i just cant use this way.

I also have 2 sony headsets and there are no problems with both of them in all ROMS, the audio quality is great!

My wife also has a G3, still with Kit Kat and has no issues.

What do I do?? any help would be very apreciated.

Unfortunately there's very little you can do at the moment. My advice is find an AOSP Rom you like and stick with it on lollipop, or download the LG Flash Tool and flash a Kitkat KDZ so you can go back to using Dalvik runtime where the problem doesn't exist. I have resorted to the latter, though Kitkat is frustratingly slow after using Lollipop. I'd also recommend contacting LG on the link I posted above, more they hear about it the more likely they are to fix it I guess.

I did hear somewhere that 5.0.1 was possibly going to include a fix so I'm 'patiently' awaiting that update from LG.
28th January 2015, 10:24 AM   |  #25  

4 posts
Hi there

I had a reply from LG as follows:
"Thank you for your query regarding your LG G3. This is a very odd issue. This is likely going to be a software glitch with the handset and the best way to resolve a software glitch is a hard reset. You can perform a hard reset by following the instructions below."

It then went on to tell me how to do a hard reset, which I have done and which hasn't resolved the issue, so I am going back to them today.

Will keep you posted.

EDIT: I am on 5.0.1 and no change.
Last edited by nbanbury; 28th January 2015 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Added version
Yesterday, 10:27 AM   |  #26  

4 posts
Had a reply from LG telling me that they want me to send in my handset for a repair as it's under warranty. I will do this, but have also replied to tell them that I don't think it's a hardware fault, as it only started when I installed Lollipop 5.0. What's frustrating is that they need to escalate my issue to a software technician but seems instead they are just going through standard repair processes.

Anyway, who knows, maybe I'm wrong and it is hardware.
Yesterday, 03:04 PM   |  #27  
Flag Vacoas
Thanks Meter: 289

1,318 posts
More
It's a lollipop issue most likely, i started experiencing the stutter only on lollipop
Yesterday, 07:23 PM   |  #28  
Flag Plymouth
Thanks Meter: 6

41 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbanbury

Had a reply from LG telling me that they want me to send in my handset for a repair as it's under warranty. I will do this, but have also replied to tell them that I don't think it's a hardware fault, as it only started when I installed Lollipop 5.0. What's frustrating is that they need to escalate my issue to a software technician but seems instead they are just going through standard repair processes.

Anyway, who knows, maybe I'm wrong and it is hardware.

Thanks for sharing your results, interesting to see what they have said. I actually work for Carphone Warehouse and feared they would probably request you to send the phone in for repair, as it's probably exactly what Carphone would do as well. From my experience at Carphone, if you do send the phone in I would recommend you make sure they have some pretty detailed notes about the fact that it has only happened since Lollipop and therefore it must be a software fault. Otherwise, if they are anything like the Carphone repair team they will likely just reflash the software and send it back.

I am almost certain it is not a hardware fault, otherwise it sounds like a fair few phones are faulty and as you say it has only happened since Lollipop. But hey, I'm no engineer... Also as I said on an AOSP rom the bluetooth is absolutely fine, which is also Lollipop. Just can't see how it would be fine on AOSP Lollipop but not on LG Lollipop if it's hardware. Just out of interest, have you tried leaving the screen on and seeing if the problem persists? I have noticed it only seems to happen with screen off, which leads me to believe it is the way the processor or kernel is handling power saving whilst the screen is off.

Either way, if it does get escalated to a software technician perhaps we will get some luck with seeing a fix soon!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread