Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,781 Members 47,137 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Bluetooth headsets range

Tip us?

JBrandtner
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 11
Question [Q] Bluetooth headsets range

Hi Folks,

is there a problem with 4.4.x bluetooth? The question why I'm asking is that I used various BT4 Headsets with my LG G3 and also an S4. Both running KK. As long as I have the phones in my hand they work fine. Putting them in the front pocket of my jeans causes slight stutters. As soon as I put the phones in my rear pocket (where I am used to put it) the sound stutters massively and listening to music/making calls is impossible. If I put the phones on a table I get about 6-7 meters of connection distance before stuttering starts.
Also putting a hand over the earjack containing the receiver (right ear) interrupts the BT connection...

Using the same Headsets on an UMI X2 running Android 4.2 the connection stays great, no matter where I put the phones.
Is anybody experiancing the same situation or knows a solution? Thanks in advance!

Robshr
Old
Thanks Meter 259

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrandtner View Post
Hi Folks,

is there a problem with 4.4.x bluetooth? The question why I'm asking is that I used various BT4 Headsets with my LG G3 and also an S4. Both running KK. As long as I have the phones in my hand they work fine. Putting them in the front pocket of my jeans causes slight stutters. As soon as I put the phones in my rear pocket (where I am used to put it) the sound stutters massively and listening to music/making calls is impossible. If I put the phones on a table I get about 6-7 meters of connection distance before stuttering starts.
Also putting a hand over the earjack containing the receiver (right ear) interrupts the BT connection...

Using the same Headsets on an UMI X2 running Android 4.2 the connection stays great, no matter where I put the phones.
Is anybody experiancing the same situation or knows a solution? Thanks in advance!
no problems here on either my headset which is the lg hbs700 or my logitech mini boombox both i can go as far as 30 to 40 ft away with little problems at the max distance
Rocking Cloudy's G3 ROM with simple kernel on my G2 now referred to as my g3 mini
Clean ROM and elementalx kernel on nexus 7
Lg g3 running stock rooted with xposed
IF YOU LIKE MY WORK OR I'VE HELPED YOU PLEASE HIT THANKS

gbenrus25
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrandtner View Post
Hi Folks,

I have the exact same issue with my Verizon LG G3. My Moto X which has Android 4.4.2 and my Kindle Fire HDX work fine. Seems to be an issue with the LG G3 as opposed to Android 4.4.2. I have 2 LG G3s and both are bad, although one is definitely worse than the other. I use them with both a Jabra Revo Wireless and a BIG Jambox.

SilverZero
Old
Thanks Meter 241
I get better range and no cutouts with my G3 and my Rocketfish stereo headphones than I ever did with my Evo LTE or my MBP. This thing has a great BT radio as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

gbenrus25
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero View Post
I get better range and no cutouts with my G3 and my Rocketfish stereo headphones than I ever did with my Evo LTE or my MBP. This thing has a great BT radio as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
Hmmm, now wondering if it might be defective phones then. Do you put your phone in your pants pocket and play music while standing up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

lossah
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Im using a Bluetooth adapter with my headphones and able to reach like 20m without a single problem. Prob alot longer. That includes a wall between.