ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Bluetooth headsets range

OP JBrandtner

4th August 2014, 10:49 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 11

68 posts
Hi Folks,

is there a problem with 4.4.x bluetooth? The question why I'm asking is that I used various BT4 Headsets with my LG G3 and also an S4. Both running KK. As long as I have the phones in my hand they work fine. Putting them in the front pocket of my jeans causes slight stutters. As soon as I put the phones in my rear pocket (where I am used to put it) the sound stutters massively and listening to music/making calls is impossible. If I put the phones on a table I get about 6-7 meters of connection distance before stuttering starts.
Also putting a hand over the earjack containing the receiver (right ear) interrupts the BT connection...

Using the same Headsets on an UMI X2 running Android 4.2 the connection stays great, no matter where I put the phones.
Is anybody experiancing the same situation or knows a solution? Thanks in advance!
4th August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Allentown
Thanks Meter: 468

789 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrandtner

Hi Folks,

is there a problem with 4.4.x bluetooth? The question why I'm asking is that I used various BT4 Headsets with my LG G3 and also an S4. Both running KK. As long as I have the phones in my hand they work fine. Putting them in the front pocket of my jeans causes slight stutters. As soon as I put the phones in my rear pocket (where I am used to put it) the sound stutters massively and listening to music/making calls is impossible. If I put the phones on a table I get about 6-7 meters of connection distance before stuttering starts.
Also putting a hand over the earjack containing the receiver (right ear) interrupts the BT connection...

Using the same Headsets on an UMI X2 running Android 4.2 the connection stays great, no matter where I put the phones.
Is anybody experiancing the same situation or knows a solution? Thanks in advance!

no problems here on either my headset which is the lg hbs700 or my logitech mini boombox both i can go as far as 30 to 40 ft away with little problems at the max distance
24th August 2014, 07:48 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrandtner

Hi Folks,

I have the exact same issue with my Verizon LG G3. My Moto X which has Android 4.4.2 and my Kindle Fire HDX work fine. Seems to be an issue with the LG G3 as opposed to Android 4.4.2. I have 2 LG G3s and both are bad, although one is definitely worse than the other. I use them with both a Jabra Revo Wireless and a BIG Jambox.
24th August 2014, 08:31 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 243

1,212 posts
I get better range and no cutouts with my G3 and my Rocketfish stereo headphones than I ever did with my Evo LTE or my MBP. This thing has a great BT radio as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
28th August 2014, 12:40 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 5

45 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero

I get better range and no cutouts with my G3 and my Rocketfish stereo headphones than I ever did with my Evo LTE or my MBP. This thing has a great BT radio as far as I'm concerned.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Hmmm, now wondering if it might be defective phones then. Do you put your phone in your pants pocket and play music while standing up?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk
28th August 2014, 04:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 88

405 posts
Im using a Bluetooth adapter with my headphones and able to reach like 20m without a single problem. Prob alot longer. That includes a wall between.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread