No registration required

Bootloop while changing Buildprops

OP memtenn

10th August 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis
Thanks Meter: 60

124 posts
Every time I change my Buildprops my phone ends up in a bootloop. I'm rooted, using 920 text editor and es file explorer. Made sure both had root access and the New build props saves successfully. I even set permissions. What am I doing wrong? I've been trying to switch my AT&T operated to open this put me in a bootloop twice. I also followed the Carrier IQ removal and went into a bootloop there as well. I'm doing something wrong that's for sure but what?
10th August 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 173

715 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by memtenn

Every time I change my Buildprops my phone ends up in a bootloop. I'm rooted, using 920 text editor and es file explorer. Made sure both had root access and the New build props saves successfully. I even set permissions. What am I doing wrong? I've been trying to switch my AT&T operated to open this put me in a bootloop twice. I also followed the Carrier IQ removal and went into a bootloop there as well. I'm doing something wrong that's for sure but what?

1. You can't change build prop without boot looping
2. You must be missing something whole trying to disable carrier iq, please list your steps on what you're doing to disable carrier iq as well as what your purpose is to alter build prop. I've disabled my carrier iq successfully with no bootloops
10th August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock212

1. You can't chRebootedrop without boot looping
2. You must be missing something whole trying to disable carrier iq, please list your steps on what you're doing to disable carrier iq as well as what your purpose is to alter build prop. I've disabled my carrier iq successfully with no bootloops

I followed the directions from the AT&T forum to
Get rid of my carrier I.Q. As for changing the operater to open instead of ATT I opened es file explorer went into settings tapped to run as root. Then I went into system build props opened with 920 text editor found ro. Operator AT&T switched it to open then saved it went back in to build props permission changed it to 644 saved it then rebooted. That's when it went into bootloop.
10th August 2014, 01:39 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Memphis

124 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by drock212

1. You can't change build prop without boot looping

I read on xda that it was easier to change the operator to open than it was to change carrier I.Q.
10th August 2014, 02:27 AM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 173

715 posts
More
Yeah changing some build prop elements will do that with our phones. You need xposed, android tuner, titanium backup, and some sort of file explorer that lets you access system locations. Like root explorer. Give me a minute to find you all the information on how to disable carrier iq without touching build prop

---------- Post added at 08:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

Follow these instructions. They're the ones I used.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=54217875

Only thing is I didn't delete laddm I froze it. And I didn't delete the lib files I just added .bak to them so they wouldn't be able go run. Hope this helps
The Following User Says Thank You to drock212 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread