Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more

Lockdown Pro 2 Brings Material Design and Media Support

Back in March of this year, we took a look at a rather innovated security application … more

Bricked Sprint LG G3

OP tron192

20th August 2014, 10:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

13 posts
So I've done it . I'm not sure if the LG Flash tool works for Sprint but if so where can I find the firmware files for ZV4? I would appreciate any help. Thanks
20th August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #2  
Flag Creole State
Thanks Meter: 174

810 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron192

So I've done it . I'm not sure if the LG Flash tool works for Sprint but if so where can I find the firmware files for ZV4? I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Check out THIS guide by fergie716. Pay real close attention to number 17, make sure you change action mode to board dl. Read the WHOLE guide, a few times, before you try to unbrick your phone. HERE is your tot and dll files. You will need to unzip the zip file to get your tot file from it. DO NOT try to use the zip file, you need the .tot file from within it. The dll file is not zipped, so use it as it stands. Let me know if you have any questions. HERE is an image to help.
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 21st August 2014 at 12:27 AM.
20th August 2014, 11:55 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

Check outt THIS guide. Pay real close attenntion to number 17, make sure you change action mode to board dl. Read it a few times before you try to unbrick your phone. HERE is your tot and dll files. You will need to unzip the zip file to get your tot file from it. DO NOT try to use the zip file, you need the tot file within it. The dll file is not zipped, so use it as it stands Let me know if you have any questions. HERE is an image to help. Let me know of any issues.

You are the man. I'll get to work and let you know if anything happens
21st August 2014, 12:01 AM   |  #4  
Flag Creole State

810 posts
More
Quote:

You are the man. I'll get to work and let you know if anything happens

Trust me, it took me several hours of hair pulling out to figure out that I didnt have action mode set to board dl, which pushes firmware to the circuit board, the other setting seems to be for upgrading firmware through LG flashtool. Many people are changing their build prop without knowing that after you save it, its truncating or shortening it. When you reboot phone, its seeing the shortened version, which softbricks the phone.
Last edited by joeyhdownsouth; 21st August 2014 at 12:04 AM.
21st August 2014, 11:41 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

13 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyhdownsouth

Trust me, it took me several hours of hair pulling out to figure out that I didnt have action mode set to board dl, which pushes firmware to the circuit board, the other setting seems to be for upgrading firmware through LG flashtool. Many people are changing their build prop without knowing that after you save it, its truncating or shortening it. When you reboot phone, its seeing the shortened version, which softbricks the phone.

Well that did the trick. It toon forever cause i only had a mac to work with so i had to virtualbox windows 7 to get flashtool to work. But for me some of the steps werent in order. The phone didnt send the drivers still i did the unplug for 5 secs. Once i plugged it back in then it i stalled the drivers so i could change the com to 41.but once i did that. It flashed the tot. And really. I like this version better cause the other i couldnt change the boot animation but i saw that this version booted it the international boot animation so i was able to successfully change it. Big thanks to you Joey. Big thanks for saving my ass. lol
21st August 2014, 02:04 PM   |  #6  
Flag Creole State

810 posts
More
Quote:

Well that did the trick. It toon forever cause i only had a mac to work with so i had to virtualbox windows 7 to get flashtool to work. But for me some of the steps werent in order. The phone didnt send the drivers still i did the unplug for 5 secs. Once i plugged it back in then it i stalled the drivers so i could change the com to 41.but once i did that. It flashed the tot. And really. I like this version better cause the other i couldnt change the boot animation but i saw that this version booted it the international boot animation so i was able to successfully change it. Big thanks to you Joey. Big thanks for saving my ass. lol

Glad you got it back up!

sent from my LG G3
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread