Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,319 Members 51,230 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Brightness

Tip us?
 
OhadSh
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Default [Q] Brightness

Hey. (sorry for my poor English)

I think about buying an LG G3, but the brightness is a big disadvantage for me.
I want to know if is it possible to increase the brightness of this phone. (maybe LG is working on an update which includes fix for this issue?)
 
grneyez
Old
#2  
grneyez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 473
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhadSh View Post
Hey. (sorry for my poor English)

I think about buying an LG G3, but the brightness is a big disadvantage for me.
I want to know if is it possible to increase the brightness of this phone. (maybe LG is working on an update which includes fix for this issue?)

Yes, once your devise is rooted, you can change the brightness in the build properties with Rom Toolbox. But, be warned that if you are not familiar with this you should avoid changing build properties. If you don't know what you are doing you can really screw up your phone.
 
OhadSh
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 7
Join Date: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez View Post
Yes, once your devise is rooted, you can change the brightness in the build properties with Rom Toolbox. But, be warned that if you are not familiar with this you should avoid changing build properties. If you don't know what you are doing you can really screw up your phone.
Is there any chance that LG's working on this issue?
 
grneyez
Old
(Last edited by grneyez; 28th August 2014 at 03:00 PM.)
#4  
grneyez's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 70
Posts: 473
Join Date: Sep 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhadSh View Post
Is there any chance that LG's working on this issue?
Probably not, as the brightness for most people is fine. You may be in a group of select few who think the brightness is to low. Make sure your auto brightness is off and turn it all the way up. You will however compromise battery with the brightness turned all the way up.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to grneyez For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
daveid
Old
#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 299
Posts: 1,794
Join Date: Jan 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhadSh View Post
Hey. (sorry for my poor English)

I think about buying an LG G3, but the brightness is a big disadvantage for me.
I want to know if is it possible to increase the brightness of this phone. (maybe LG is working on an update which includes fix for this issue?)
I happen to think in most situations the auto-brightness selects too low a value, however in general (manual control) it is more than sufficiently bright, even in direct beach sun.
The Following User Says Thank You to daveid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes