FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy S6 To Receive Major Camera Update

When the Samsung Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge were launched, they became the prime focus for … more

Tactile: An Addicting Game with Beautiful Material Design

The game industry has been around for decades, catering to a wide … more

Android’s Consistency and The User Experience

This is a site of power users, and it is fair to say that most of us are more … more

Which Manufacturer (And Device) Made You Choose Android?

The beautiful thing about Android is that there is so much to choose from. … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Camera app Info

30th July 2014, 07:19 PM |#1  
EpicChineseTime's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
what is this setting for???

Sent from from my LG-D855
 
 
30th July 2014, 07:24 PM |#2  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
That is probably your version of my dual camera mode. Simultaneous picture taking using both cameras. Out places a picture of the taker on the picture taken.
30th July 2014, 07:38 PM |#3  
nest75068's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Dallas
Thanks Meter: 135
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retarded Timing

That is probably your version of my dual camera mode. Simultaneous picture taking using both cameras. Out places a picture of the taker on the picture taken.

No dual camera mode is under Mode(Modo)

Just looked at my camera, and the location where that option is, on my D850 is the grid option

Also OP - why is your camera setting W2M? lowest I get is 3M and my Wide(w is 10M)
30th July 2014, 08:16 PM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 35
 
More
that is when you are using the front facing camera to take a selfie. it selects whether the picture is a normal camera shot or flipped like a mirror image.

when the 13mp camera is active that icon place shows the grid.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dex. For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 08:32 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Good thread.

So which one is the default / common / better option to use with mirroring or not? And which one means mirroring, opposite facing heads?

Not to hijack this, but what's the slide on the bottom do when in front facing camera mode?
30th July 2014, 08:37 PM |#6  
EpicChineseTime's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

Good thread.

So which one is the default / common / better option to use with mirroring or not? And which one means mirroring, opposite facing heads?

Not to hijack this, but what's the slide on the bottom do when in front facing camera mode?

The slider softens the image for more "beautiful" face on the selfies...

BTW this is the front facing camera, and not the main one...

Sent from from my LG-D855
The Following User Says Thank You to EpicChineseTime For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 08:39 PM |#7  
EpicChineseTime's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dex.

that is when you are using the front facing camera to take a selfie. it selects whether the picture is a normal camera shot or flipped like a mirror image.

when the 13mp camera is active that icon place shows the grid.

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thank you so much, i don't take often selfies, so i wasn't aware of this option...


Sent from from my LG-D855
30th July 2014, 08:39 PM |#8  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 179
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicChineseTime

The slider softens the image for more "beautiful" face on the selfies...

BTW this is the front facing camera, and not the main one...

Sent from from my LG-D855

No way to figure that out without knowing. Is that in the "manual" somewhere?
30th July 2014, 08:41 PM |#9  
EpicChineseTime's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexluthor

No way to figure that out without knowing. Is that in the "manual" somewhere?

Just test it, try first with the slider all the way to the left, and then to the right...
You will notice the difference immediatly...

Sent from from my LG-D855
30th July 2014, 08:41 PM |#10  
EpicChineseTime's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Genova
Thanks Meter: 17
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nest75068

No dual camera mode is under Mode(Modo)

Just looked at my camera, and the location where that option is, on my D850 is the grid option

Also OP - why is your camera setting W2M? lowest I get is 3M and my Wide(w is 10M)

Front facing camera!

Sent from from my LG-D855
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in G3 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank