Not Retired: Five Things to Do with Your Veteran Devices

XDA is full of power-users and developers. And both groups, which often intersect, … more

DBrand 40% off Discount for Nexus 6 Skins

Love your Nexus 6? Well, how about you give it a fine paintjob with these stylish and great-feeling … more

Xiaomi Mi Note Sells Out In Just 3 Minutes

Chinese giant’s latest phone had tens of millions of pre-orders and it turns out the … more

Four Original and Pretty Themes

XDA Senior MemberSiddheshpatilhas created these four gorgeous and unique CM12 Themes for your Lollipop … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Camera crashes when zooming

OP maschenazi

31st August 2014, 04:55 AM   |  #41  
Thanks Meter: 80

775 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by marv_in_lbc

I'm on ATT D580.
I saw your post and uninstalled TeslaLED from my phone. I also cleared data and cache. Mine still force closes when zooming.

Yes, unfortunately I discovered that the issue still happens sporadically for me now. At least it's not every time. Might try and see if it happens at all bitrates or just some.
17th January 2015, 05:37 AM   |  #42  
Flag Long Beach, CA
Thanks Meter: 24

123 posts
More
I'm on the AT&T version also and had this problem since day one.

I'm using this now: http://goo.gl/uXbGzz and the problem is still there.

However, playing with the phone tonight, I found a way to zoom while recording that seems to work all the time. While recording, pinch in, as if you're zooming out. A slider will appear at the bottom (or, in the side of you're holding it landscape). You have to use the slider to zoom in and out - just the slider - and every single time i used the slider, the camera zoomed in or out.

Update: And while playing with the camera more, I found that once you zoom in and the slider disappears, you're stuck at that zoom level until you stop recording. Trying to get the slider to reappear means you have to pinch - and if you pinch, then the app crashes.

Update 2: As long as you leave your finger on the slider, you can zoom in or out the whole time.
Last edited by marv_in_lbc; 17th January 2015 at 05:46 AM.
17th January 2015, 04:24 PM   |  #43  
Thanks Meter: 0

6 posts
I just tried this and it only works for me if I zoom out BEFORE hitting record. If I zoom IN before hitting record it won't work. ****ing weird and frustrating!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread