Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,803,273 Members 44,751 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera - enable touch to take picture?

Tip us?

emplox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Default Camera - enable touch to take picture?

It seems as though everyone else can open the camera....touch the screen anywhere....and snap a picture. I don't know if my settings are weird or what's going on, but when i open my camera...i need to touch the screen to focus...then i have to actually press the shutter button at the bottom. How can i turn on touch to take a picture?

rparis
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by emplox View Post
It seems as though everyone else can open the camera....touch the screen anywhere....and snap a picture. I don't know if my settings are weird or what's going on, but when i open my camera...i need to touch the screen to focus...then i have to actually press the shutter button at the bottom. How can i turn on touch to take a picture?

I noticed when I switch it to 10mp and hide the setting, you can just hit the screen totake a photo

emplox
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by rparis View Post
I noticed when I switch it to 10mp and hide the setting, you can just hit the screen totake a photo
oh wow, all i had to do was hide settings apparently. thx!

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,426

DONATE TO ME
Yes hide the menu then you can.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link

overzeetop
Old
Thanks Meter 2
I'm glad you ran into this. My settings were hidden from the start and I assumed you always had to tap to focus+fire. I might have wondered wtf happened if I'd accidentally made the settings visible!

Quantumrabbit
Old
Thanks Meter 156
I feel really dumb... I can't get mine to take a photo at all. Screen press or camera button icon. Can anyone tell me what setting to change specifically? I've totally hidden the settings, I've changed to 10M, 3M, 13M... tried changing storage from internal to sd and back... doesn't matter what I do, I get nothing.