Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,949 Members 43,721 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

camera on moving subjects (g3 camera)

Tip us?

koppee1
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Default camera on moving subjects (g3 camera)

I've just seen pictures (taken on a g3) of players playing football. When I take pictures of people walking fast they turn out blurred. How do I take pictures of moving subjects? Or should I use a different camera app?

thanks

rfarrah
Old
Thanks Meter 327
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppee1 View Post
I've just seen pictures (taken on a g3) of players playing football. When I take pictures of people walking fast they turn out blurred. How do I take pictures of moving subjects? Or should I use a different camera app?

thanks
I am seeing this too. Took a look at the camera settings, but didn't see anything that would address this. I thought the laser-focusing was supposed to make the camera very speedy in taking pictures.

Thoughts?
On the run with the Awesome LG G3

TheStickMan
Old
Thanks Meter 61
Laser autofocus makes it speedy to focus. The shutter speed defines if moving subjects are blurry.

The only thing to change on stock camera app is to set HDR to OFF (it's auto by default). Maybe this will help, if it's using HDR on these photos.

gavinfabl
Old
Thanks Meter 422
Default camera app in burst mode works just fine - press and hold shutter.
Ongoing reviews of LG G3, Watch, HTC One M8, S5, Gear Fit+ 15 http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/review-links/

20 Smartphone Camera Shootout incl LG G3, S5, M8 https://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/...-nexus-huawei/

Official Samsung Wireless Cover review & Pad http://gavinsgadgets.wordpress.com/2...-charging-pad/

Heppieboeddah
Old
Thanks Meter 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by koppee1 View Post

thanks
Move youre phone in the same direction as the object and take the picture

supermatt9
Old
Thanks Meter 7
Also, make sure your outside on a bright day. Put the sun behind you (so that it's shining on your subject).

Any camera will struggle to freeze an object in motion if it's not bright enough.