Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Can't change lock screen wallpaper

OP mestguy182

17th August 2014, 05:26 AM   |  #1  
mestguy182's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 36
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Hello All,

Strange problem, all of a sudden no matter what I try u can't change the lock screen wallpaper. Trying from gallery doesn't work, neither does trying from that lock screen settings. It worked fine about a week ago and when I try it tells me it saved/applied but never changes. I tried going back to stock launcher from Nova just to make sure that wasn't the issue but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to mestguy182 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th August 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #2  
mestguy182's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Huntsville, AL
Thanks Meter: 36
 
202 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Just wanted to update to say I can change my wallpaper by going to settings, lock screen, wallpaper and choosing wallpaper gallery, which is what the phone came pre loaded with. Choosing gallery gets the same result as before... The phone says it changes it but really doesn't.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app
28th August 2014, 11:54 PM   |  #3  
brankomk's Avatar
Member
Flag Skopje
Thanks Meter: 6
 
31 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2012
More
solved lg g3 lockscreen wallpaper
The problem is with the sd card. It seems that its some kind of abug in the software that reads the files from the sd card.
Just move the files from your ad card to the phone memory, and it will change the Lockscreen wallpaper.

Cheers
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to brankomk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th September 2014, 09:30 AM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
94 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2007
Excellent! That was the problem. But this is not happening with home screens wallpaper as these are in my ext card and changing probably!
15th October 2014, 05:51 AM   |  #5  
Still_living714's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag orange county
Thanks Meter: 27
 
243 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mestguy182

Hello All,

Strange problem, all of a sudden no matter what I try u can't change the lock screen wallpaper. Trying from gallery doesn't work, neither does trying from that lock screen settings. It worked fine about a week ago and when I try it tells me it saved/applied but never changes. I tried going back to stock launcher from Nova just to make sure that wasn't the issue but it had no effect. Any ideas?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

/data/user/0/com.lg.lockscreensetting
Locate wallpaper.png
Change permission to "rwxrwxrwx"
Reboot
Win!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Still_living714 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_living714

/data/user/0/com.lg.lockscreensetting
Locate wallpaper.png
Change permission to "rwxrwxrwx"
Reboot
Win!

My issue is when i change the wallpaper and reboo . It resets the lockscreen back to stock. I tried changing the permission . Rebooted. Changed the wallpaper. Rebooted and right in my face i watched it change back to stock. Ugh...fml
20th October 2014, 06:57 AM   |  #7  
rickriego's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Stockton, CA
Thanks Meter: 272
 
756 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tron192

My issue is when i change the wallpaper and reboo . It resets the lockscreen back to stock. I tried changing the permission . Rebooted. Changed the wallpaper. Rebooted and right in my face i watched it change back to stock. Ugh...fml

i had to move my files to internal memory to solve that. googled and i think it was this thread that fix was mentioned.
20th October 2014, 06:59 AM   |  #8  
Senior Member
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 99
 
357 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2013
More
Use titanium to wipe data in lockscreen settings. This has happened to me on a couple of Lg phones..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Swizzle82 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th October 2014, 07:42 AM   |  #9  
Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle82

Use titanium to wipe data in lockscreen settings. This has happened to me on a couple of Lg phones..

That did the trick. Thanks
22nd October 2014, 10:46 PM   |  #10  
SysAdmNj's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 183
 
2,060 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swizzle82

Use titanium to wipe data in lockscreen settings. This has happened to me on a couple of Lg phones..

Quote:
Originally Posted by tron192

That did the trick. Thanks

Just tried this and it didnt work for me. When I select wallpaper I get "Unfortunately, Lock Screen Settings has stopped."
Last edited by SysAdmNj; 22nd October 2014 at 10:50 PM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes