Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Charging very slow!

OP SnowTauren

11th August 2014, 07:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
I just bought the LG G3 ATT version and I absolutely love the phone! However the charging time on this device is horrendous compared to my Note II which has a bigger battery. Please help!
11th August 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #2  
Flag Nowheresville, NJ
Thanks Meter: 620

1,007 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTauren

I just bought the LG G3 ATT version and I absolutely love the phone! However the charging time on this device is horrendous compared to my Note II which has a bigger battery. Please help!

Are you using the stock charger and cable? If not, what is the Amperage of the charger you're using? Are you charging from the wall or your computer?
11th August 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 82

300 posts
More
I get a charge from 10% to 100% in around an hour in the UK.
11th August 2014, 08:09 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrfeuss

Are you using the stock charger and cable? If not, what is the Amperage of the charger you're using? Are you charging from the wall or your computer?

I am using the original charger and cable and i'm charging through wall outlet.
11th August 2014, 08:54 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 88

405 posts
Define "slow".
11th August 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

21 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lossah

Define "slow".

Anywhere from 3-5 hours. Also if i'm using the device while charging it almost feels like its staying on the same level, something that I haven't experienced with other android devices.
11th August 2014, 10:13 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 88

405 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowTauren

Anywhere from 3-5 hours. Also if i'm using the device while charging it almost feels like its staying on the same level, something that I haven't experienced with other android devices.

I feel the same about using the phone and charging when playing games. No idea how long it takes to charge it tho, doing it while i sleep anyway. :P
11th August 2014, 11:09 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 369

2,078 posts
I'm going to go wireless charging but sometimes I'll turn my phone off and give it quick charge since it charges faster. I know some people don't like to do that though.
12th August 2014, 02:11 PM   |  #9  
Kempston, Bedford
Thanks Meter: 5

49 posts
More
the first thing I would check is that the usb cable is plugged all the way into the mains charger. When I first got mine it kept saying usb charging is slow, please plug into a mains charger, which I thought was weird as it was plugged into the mains, but on closer inspection the cable wasn't all the way into the plug, so it was thinking it was using a pc connection. plugged it all the way in and it was charging like a demon then.
28th October 2014, 02:30 AM   |  #10  
Flag Recife
Thanks Meter: 187

953 posts
More
Same freaking problem. It discharges 100-0 in 6 or 7 hours, with 1:30 screen on time, and recharges 0-75 in three hours. Have you managed to fix it?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread