Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,470 Members 40,535 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Can't connect to LG PC Sync

Tip us?

zapford
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Question [Q] Can't connect to LG PC Sync

Guys, i have installed the LG PC Sync software on my work PC. Its a Win 7 64bit image on a Dell 6430 laptop. When i connect the phone by USB, the computer lets me see the phone to copy/transfer files, but PC Sync does not connect to the phone. I tried to manually search etc to no avail. I see in the tutorial that when you connect the phone, it should see the "PC Connection" as an option on the phone. I don not get this, just 3 modes: MTP, PPP and Charge. I tried all modes. I un-installed the software, re-installed the software, tried installing only drivers etc. Still no success...

What am i missing?? )))

Lennyuk
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,430

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by zapford View Post
Guys, i have installed the LG PC Sync software on my work PC. Its a Win 7 64bit image on a Dell 6430 laptop. When i connect the phone by USB, the computer lets me see the phone to copy/transfer files, but PC Sync does not connect to the phone. I tried to manually search etc to no avail. I see in the tutorial that when you connect the phone, it should see the "PC Connection" as an option on the phone. I don not get this, just 3 modes: MTP, PPP and Charge. I tried all modes. I un-installed the software, re-installed the software, tried installing only drivers etc. Still no success...

What am i missing?? )))
PC Suite probably has to update itself first - in one of the menu items you can check for updates (for the PC Suite app).
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:

Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link