[Q] Considering getting a G3

OP tarroyo

9th July 2014, 07:20 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Hollywood, CA
Thanks Meter: 222

1,537 posts
More
Coming from a Nexus 5 I'm curious about LG's flashing/rooting methods.

With a nexus I had the option of easily unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, and rooting the device. All of this was done thru adb fastboot after installing the proper drivers. I'm reading a lot about LG's flash tool in g2 and g3 forums, Most zip files such as gapps or flashing a newer radio could be installed thru recovery or adb followed by a reboot on my nexus 5.

For those of you that have G2 T-Mobile devices or a G3 of any region is it as easy as a nexus device to root/install/unlock bootloader or is it more complex? I'm considering getting one in the coming weeks.
9th July 2014, 08:08 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,645

5,466 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarroyo

With a nexus I had the option of easily unlocking the bootloader, installing a custom recovery, and rooting the device. All of this was done thru adb fastboot after installing the proper drivers. I'm reading a lot about LG's flash tool in g2 and g3 forums, Most zip files such as gapps or flashing a newer radio could be installed thru recovery or adb followed by a reboot on my nexus 5.

For those of you that have G2 T-Mobile devices or a G3 of any region is it as easy as a nexus device to root/install/unlock bootloader or is it more complex? I'm considering getting one in the coming weeks.

At the moment root is easy just install towelroot takes 1 minute but at the moment all the other stuff can't be done
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 12:43 PM   |  #3  
Flag York
Thanks Meter: 1,511

3,701 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

LG's Flashtool is just for restoring to stock. Much like Odin for Samsung. - I used it yesterday for the first time and it was pretty simple in all honesty.

Regarding other things, well we'll see how easy they are in the coming weeks.
The Following User Says Thank You to radicalisto For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th July 2014, 03:17 PM   |  #4  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 4,085

9,490 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

rooting is simple, but everything else is a big question mark; on my TMO LG flex, the bootloader is locked down tight, and we have nothing for our phone. It took almost 6 months to get root, which already works on the G3...If things will be any different on the G3 still remains to be seen...
The Following User Says Thank You to wase4711 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread