Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,398 Members 40,105 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Contacts

Tip us?

hdcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Question [Q] Contacts

I have the D850 and for some reason I am unable to save contacts to the phone. I am only given the choice to create the contacts to my Google account or SIM card. Am I doing something wrong?

hdcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdcp View Post
I have the D850 and for some reason I am unable to save contacts to the phone. I am only given the choice to create the contacts to my Google account or SIM card. Am I doing something wrong?
Well, it turns out the problem is caused when I freeze the AT&T address book app. Unfreezing it does not fix the problem of saving contacts to the phone. It still only gives the ability to save it to Google or the SIM card. The only way to correct it was to do a factory reset and just not freeze the AT&T address book.

Has anyone else had this issue?

michael.s.under
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Are you google free?

Is there a benefit to saving to the phone as opposed to google? If you are google free, then I understand.

hdcp
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael.s.under View Post
Are you google free?

Is there a benefit to saving to the phone as opposed to google? If you are google free, then I understand.
No real benefit. I just prefer to keep them on the phone as opposed to Google. One thing I do not like is Google (in particular GMail) seems to make everyone I've ever sent or received an email from is a contact.