[Q] custom recovery

17th July 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 1,515

5,139 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdt1978

This is exciting to read.... Where should we check? Thank you for the reply !!!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/orig-development should be in here but not yet
17th July 2014, 08:23 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 38

60 posts
Donate to Me
Im very confused. From what i gathered from the devs they are releasing everything for all devices at the same time, i.e. a universal bootloader tool, or is this not the case anymore...im itching to get my bootloader unlocked and this isnt an ask for an eta or anything, im just wondering if i have got my wires crossed. My d855 has been rooted since day one with no issues and im worried my bootloader will forever be sealed.....is the tool people are saying is available this weekend, the universal bootloader unlock?
Last edited by B4rnzEE; 17th July 2014 at 08:28 PM.
17th July 2014, 09:19 PM   |  #13  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 51

418 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by B4rnzEE

Im very confused. From what i gathered from the devs they are releasing everything for all devices at the same time, i.e. a universal bootloader tool, or is this not the case anymore...im itching to get my bootloader unlocked and this isnt an ask for an eta or anything, im just wondering if i have got my wires crossed. My d855 has been rooted since day one with no issues and im worried my bootloader will forever be sealed.....is the tool people are saying is available this weekend, the universal bootloader unlock?

They're working on a universal root first. I could be wrong, but I expect the release this weekend will be TWRP for the T-Mobile variant.
The Following User Says Thank You to seboj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 09:25 PM   |  #14  
Flag Outside of Chicago
Thanks Meter: 3,581

8,760 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:

you "gathered" wrong..

dev's usually release things when they get them working perfectly, and have a safe way for N00bs to install things without immediately bricking their precious devices.
"Universal" bootloader tool is a pipe dream so dont hold your breath waiting for that

Rumors are just that; rumors, so when your phone's bootloader gets unlocked, you will surely know for sure; until then, its all just SWAG..
17th July 2014, 09:46 PM   |  #15  
Thanks Meter: 38

60 posts
Donate to Me
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711

you "gathered" wrong..

dev's usually release things when they get them working perfectly, and have a safe way for N00bs to install things without immediately bricking their precious devices.
"Universal" bootloader tool is a pipe dream so dont hold your breath waiting for that

Rumors are just that; rumors, so when your phone's bootloader gets unlocked, you will surely know for sure; until then, its all just SWAG..

Are you one of the devs working on bootloader unlocks...? Because the ones i know definitely are seem to disagree with what you are saying, despite what devs 'usually' do.

From what i see here, it is universal root and universal unlock they are looking to achieve.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...2807900/page21
Last edited by B4rnzEE; 17th July 2014 at 10:51 PM.
18th July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #16  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 51

418 posts
More
Quote:

Are you one of the devs working on bootloader unlocks...? Because the ones i know definitely are seem to disagree with what you are saying, despite what devs 'usually' do.

From what i see here, it is universal root and universal unlock they are looking to achieve.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g...2807900/page21

They are looking for a universal root for all the variants.
They are also trying to unlock all the variants.
They think that unlocking one variant might allow the unlocking of other variants, but not necessarily all variants.
They are not looking for a 'universal' unlock in the same way that they are looking for a 'universal' root.
The Following User Says Thank You to seboj For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread