No registration required

Daydream, overnight Charging and Quick Flashing green light

OP BigladUK

2nd September 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

246 posts
More
I'm suffering a strange problem with my new phone ( D855 on H, unrooted runing stock rom )

I ( like I'm sure a lot of people ) use the LG wireless charger next to my bed to charge my phone over night. I then intern use the phone as an alarm clock with the DayDream app.

So, when I got to bed, I put the phone in silent profile and put it on the charger where after about a minuite ( screen timeout setting ) DayDream starts display the clock.( this is a bit hit an miss but thats a discussion for another day )

My problem happens in the middle of the night ( this morning I noticed it aroungd 4:00am ) where the screen is off and the notification light is quickly flashing green ( the battery is fully charged if thats relevant ) . The phone isn't hot btw and knocking on the screen wakes it and stops the light flashing.

If I remove the phone from the charger and put it back on DayDream refuses to start again. If I manually start DayDream, the clock comes up and runs for a short while before the screen goes off and the grean flashing begins again.

Anyone else experienced this strange problem ?

Thanks

Si
3rd September 2014, 12:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag Massachusetts
Thanks Meter: 99

364 posts
More
I think the issue is your wireless charger. I believe the problem is DayDream is set to display when charging or docked. Since you are wireless charging, the docked setting doesn't apply. In any case, it appears your charger turns off when the phone is fully charged, thus terminating DayDream. This is actually normal and a lot of chargers behave like this, thus nothing really wrong with your charger. What you may need is a new charger that provides a constant trickle charge. Then DayDream should remain active. If you want to confirm, connect the G3 directly to usb cable charger overnight and retest. I bet you will find that DayDream stays on in this case. I recently purchased and tested Tylt Vu. The Vu does what you would want in this scenario and provide a constant charge even though battery is full. You can see my review here of 2 different chargers (Vu vs. A6). A6 behaves as yours does and Vu provides constant charge.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...tands-t2862775
3rd September 2014, 10:07 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

246 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbb77

I think the issue is your wireless charger. I believe the problem is DayDream is set to display when charging or docked. Since you are wireless charging, the docked setting doesn't apply. In any case, it appears your charger turns off when the phone is fully charged, thus terminating DayDream. This is actually normal and a lot of chargers behave like this, thus nothing really wrong with your charger. What you may need is a new charger that provides a constant trickle charge. Then DayDream should remain active. If you want to confirm, connect the G3 directly to usb cable charger overnight and retest. I bet you will find that DayDream stays on in this case. I recently purchased and tested Tylt Vu. The Vu does what you would want in this scenario and provide a constant charge even though battery is full. You can see my review here of 2 different chargers (Vu vs. A6). A6 behaves as yours does and Vu provides constant charge.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/tmob...tands-t2862775

Thanks for taking the time to reply

I'll give that a go tonight and see if thats whats causing the problem.

Cheers

Si
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread