No registration required

Decisions decisions

OP bustinstugots24

27th August 2014, 07:58 PM   |  #11  
Thanks Meter: 70

476 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bustinstugots24

A friend of mine is willing to take the g3 off my hands but price hasn't been discussed as of yet. How much could I sell the one plus for you think? Also how are you guys getting 7 hours of screen time. I can barely get 4 and a half to 5 hours and I'm not a heavy heavy user.

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Free mobile app

Read this before making a leap:

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...rs-pocket.html
27th August 2014, 09:06 PM   |  #12  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 71

498 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez

Read this before making a leap:

http://www.androidheadlines.com/2014...rs-pocket.html

I saw that yesterday. It is scary for sure. It's happened to the s5 too I believe.

28th August 2014, 12:18 AM   |  #13  

476 posts
Quote:

I saw that yesterday. It is scary for sure. It's happened to the s5 too I believe.

Yes, it's happened to the S4, not sure about the S5. But, you don't want the battery exploding while your on a call. something to think about, just saying. Good luck with whatever your decision, I do agree with you that the development on the G3 is slower than other devises. It is what it is.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------
28th August 2014, 02:19 AM   |  #14  
OP Senior Member

498 posts
Quote:

Yes, it's happened to the S4, not sure about the S5. But, you don't want the battery exploding while your on a call. something to think about, just saying. Good luck with whatever your decision, I do agree with you that the development on the G3 is slower than other devises. It is what it is.[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:12 PM ----------

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and if I don't like it I sell it. Seems to be a pretty high resell value. Also on screen time gets you about 6-7 hrs if use I'll purchase and compare screen camera speaker etc.

28th August 2014, 02:35 AM   |  #15  

476 posts
Quote:

I'm thinking of pulling the trigger and if I don't like it I sell it. Seems to be a pretty high resell value. Also on screen time gets you about 6-7 hrs if use I'll purchase and compare screen camera speaker etc.

I just came from the HTC M8 and in comparing the G3 to the M8 I tend to like the G3 more than the M8, just that the locked boot loader is kind of killing it for me. I like the screen size of the G3 but do find that the M8 screen is much brighter and looks crisper compared to the G3. In addition the M8 speakers a second to none. Tough decision for me to make. May give it another week or so to see what comes out of the development.
28th August 2014, 03:55 AM   |  #16  
OP Senior Member

498 posts
Quote:

I just came from the HTC M8 and in comparing the G3 to the M8 I tend to like the G3 more than the M8, just that the locked boot loader is kind of killing it for me. I like the screen size of the G3 but do find that the M8 screen is much brighter and looks crisper compared to the G3. In addition the M8 speakers a second to none. Tough decision for me to make. May give it another week or so to see what comes out of the development.

Was originally picking up the m8 but the subpar camera along with those huge bezels I just couldn't do it. If you stand the g3 and the M8 side by side it's the same length for a phone that has a bigger screen. I understand about the boom sound speakers but it was just overkill for me plus I think the g3 speaker sounds pretty Damn good if you ask me

6th September 2014, 01:16 AM   |  #17  
OP Senior Member

498 posts
So here are my thoughts. Picked up the oneplus one figuring I could sell it of course. It's a nicely built device especially for the price. Packaging was excellent as well really impressive. I did a side by side comparison for a few hours between pictures videos fluidity.

Screen:
Having the screen side by side I truly believe the g3 screen is better. Colors seem to pop more, everything and I mean everything is crystal clear on the g3. Video looks exceptional on the g3 and on the opo to me it looked washed out compared to it. The opo also didn't look nearly as clear side by side but of course that was expected but even text in a Web browser just looks so much better on the g3. The only thing I did notice screen wise browsing the Web is the whites are really milky white on the opo and more toned down on the g3. The opo goes much brighter too but I would never keep it on that high of a brightness to begin with. I think the g3 screen has spoiled me and I don't think I can use a 1080p screen any longer.

Loud speaker: the opo impressed me with its loudspeaker it was pretty loud I must admit but the g3 wiped the floor with it. Just louder and more of a fuller sound.

Camera: g3 is definitely better. For the back. Clearer pictures faster focus and better colors. The front facing camera definitely has to go to the opo though. Again this was expected considering the g3 is a 2 mp compared to opo 5 mp.

Fluidity: in my honest opinion I couldn't tell the difference. They both felt smooth.

Final thoughts : for the 5.5 inch screen size the g3 has worked wonders in making you think you are holding a smaller device it really is incredible how they designed this phone. The opo is just way to long for me. Don't get me wrong the back felt nice and the build quality was top notch for a $350 phone but it's just too big for me. There are too many pros that out weigh the cons for the g3 in my opinion. Add removable battery and SD card to me it's a no brainer. I usually get 4.5-5 hours of battery life for SOT on my g3 to begin and can normal get me through. A day on moderate use but I have a second battery so that's no issue for me.

Verdict : I'll be keeping my beloved g3 and selling my opo on eBay.

Thanks everyone!

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread