Display white warmth

OP jameslfc5

3rd July 2014, 09:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 172

1,571 posts
More
Hi

I have just received my 32GB european G3, stunning phone in hand, speakers seems really good, but out of everything that I am let down by it is surprisingly the screen I wanted to be blown away and unfortunately I'm not.

I have the Z2 at the moment and I am in no way sticking up for the Z2 it's horrible, uncomfortable in hand, slippy, the vibrate is annoying, the camera isn't overly impressive on auto mode, BUT the screen seems a lot better than the G3 the whites are a lot cooler and the blacks look blacker

So is there anyway to adjust the screen colours on the G3? And I'd there a mod to disable that 90% brightness cap?

Thanks
3rd July 2014, 10:46 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,556

5,211 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jameslfc5

Hi

I have just received my 32GB european G3, stunning phone in hand, speakers seems really good, but out of everything that I am let down by it is surprisingly the screen I wanted to be blown away and unfortunately I'm not.

I have the Z2 at the moment and I am in no way sticking up for the Z2 it's horrible, uncomfortable in hand, slippy, the vibrate is annoying, the camera isn't overly impressive on auto mode, BUT the screen seems a lot better than the G3 the whites are a lot cooler and the blacks look blacker

So is there anyway to adjust the screen colours on the G3? And I'd there a mod to disable that 90% brightness cap?

Thanks

Here's one for the brightness http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2790759 but no way to change the whites yet but I'm sure someone will port it with a custom kernel
3rd July 2014, 03:23 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 72

552 posts
Maybe its the glue that you have to let settle in? I've seen some g3 on video and I like the warmth of the whites. But that's how white looks naturally lol
3rd July 2014, 03:29 PM   |  #4  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 271

1,133 posts
Donate to Me
More
According to is certification it's 100% RGB accurate http://www.androidauthority.com/lg-5...uad-hd-378056/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
3rd July 2014, 03:42 PM   |  #5  
Flag South Miami, FL
Thanks Meter: 2,402

3,420 posts
More
maybe you have a faulty phone
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread