Don't root lg g3 855

Search This thread

droidhd

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Xiaomi 13 Pro
If you had to pay for motherboard replacement, that means you wasnt able to turn the phone on? If its that, they couldnt prove your phone was rooted. If you were able to turn it on, you should simply flash stock and send it to repair center. So they wouldnt notice that phone was rooted. It is not for sure, that root your device made it to be imei NULL.

robalm

Oct 4, 2013
NEE
I rooted my phone after 15 days the phone crashed with imei null error and i had to pay for motherboard replacement.

Im sorry to hear that we fell for you :crying: but thanks for leting us know, maybe you save some of us.
Can anyone suggest a good method to take a EFS backup? (without a cutom recovery)

angelky

Nov 12, 2012
Sydney
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold3

Pilz

Dec 1, 2013
Texas
My D850 has been rooted for 2 months my F400S was rooted until I dropped it and my F460S is also rooted. I've never had an issue with imei null error on any of my G3's. Did you do anything that could have caused this?

Lennyuk

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 26, 2010
Suffolk, England
efs doesn't wipe by itself, if you have IMEI nul that means efs has been corrupted or deleted which is usually due to you doing a mod incorrectly. None of the current root methods will touch efs.

Reactions: Vahooli

droidhd

Jan 8, 2011
Ljubljana
Xiaomi 13 Pro
efs doesn't wipe by itself, if you have IMEI nul that means efs has been corrupted or deleted which is usually due to you doing a mod incorrectly. None of the current root methods will touch efs.

So as I though and I wrote before. Root is not failure for IMEI Null. So, he should just flash kdz to stock and turn it back. In that way he could say it happen by itself, thats it. No paying for new motherboard.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    If you had to pay for motherboard replacement, that means you wasnt able to turn the phone on? If its that, they couldnt prove your phone was rooted. If you were able to turn it on, you should simply flash stock and send it to repair center. So they wouldnt notice that phone was rooted. It is not for sure, that root your device made it to be imei NULL.
    that is why every thread about rooting suggest to backup your efs partition.