Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,769,165 Members 37,935 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] G3 virtually unharmed after dropping, but screen won't turn on

Tip us?

sonicspear64
Old
(Last edited by sonicspear64; 11th August 2014 at 09:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] G3 virtually unharmed after dropping, but screen won't turn on

So while walking downstairs to my basement, I tried to put my phone back into my pocket and it slipped and dropped on the hard floor. It dropped about 4 ft and it had a hard plastic case around it (one of the Korean model cases with the small section exposed though). The glass screen protector I had on it cracked, but the actual screen is fine. I tried turning the phone back on, but only the notification light comes on and it keeps blinking green and blue.

EDIT: So I guess the LCD is broken cause the digitizer is completely intact and there's no indication that the phone was even dropped. Usually its the other way around.....

LittleCannon
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicspear64 View Post
So while walking downstairs to my basement, I tried to put my phone back into my pocket and it slipped and dropped on the hard floor. It dropped about 4 ft and it had a hard plastic case around it (one of the Korean model cases with the small section exposed though). The glass screen protector I had on it cracked, but the actual screen is fine. I tried turning the phone back on, but only the notification light comes on and it keeps blinking green and blue.

EDIT: So I guess the LCD is broken cause the digitizer is completely intact and there's no indication that the phone was even dropped. Usually its the other way around.....

Exactly the same thing happened to me. No visible damage, but screen wont come on. LED is blinking blue and green.

Do you have any new updates regarding your phone problem?

EpicChineseTime
Old
Thanks Meter 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicspear64 View Post

try to point a light on the screen if you can see some cracks...

FYI: i dropped mine 3 times (all face down) and it survived 😅
From about 3 ft...
also i have the tempered glass screen protector plus a fake spigen slim armor on it 😏

Sent from from my LG-D855
My Devices: LG G3 D855 - Google Nexus 5 D821

sonicspear64
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleCannon View Post
Exactly the same thing happened to me. No visible damage, but screen wont come on. LED is blinking blue and green.

Do you have any new updates regarding your phone problem?
The only new thing that I discovered was that the backlight is probably broken. I can see a very faint image of the LG boot logo and the carrier logo when the phone boots up, but it just hangs there and the LED keeps blinking till the battery runs out/is taken out so I don't know what else is up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EpicChineseTime View Post
try to point a light on the screen if you can see some cracks...

FYI: i dropped mine 3 times (all face down) and it survived 😅
From about 3 ft...
also i have the tempered glass screen protector plus a fake spigen slim armor on it 😏

Sent from from my LG-D855
No cracks at all. The only crack I had was on my tempered glass screen protector. I thought it was the actual screen, but I took it off and the screen was unscathed.