Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Android 5.1 Possibly Coming February 2015

Google released Android 5.0 just over a month ago, and since then Lollipop has been trying to … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Will there be a Lollipop Build for D852

OP Cobthaich

15th November 2014, 03:07 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hey all. I am new to this scene and have been seeing lollipop builds for the D855 variant of our phones. would anyone know if there will be a lollipop build for the D852 Canadian variant of our phones? I am guessing it is unsafe to attempt to use the D855 build on the D852. Cheers.
20th November 2014, 02:57 AM   |  #2  
Flag Chatham
Thanks Meter: 177

461 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobthaich

Hey all. I am new to this scene and have been seeing lollipop builds for the D855 variant of our phones. would anyone know if there will be a lollipop build for the D852 Canadian variant of our phones? I am guessing it is unsafe to attempt to use the D855 build on the D852. Cheers.

I think so, i'm fairly new to the LG scene but hardware wise we're exactly the same as AT&T models aside from a locked bootloader so I can't see it taking very long for a port. Its been that way for every HTC/Samsung I've had here so I see this being no different.
20th November 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 16

19 posts
More
I've tried flashing both the D855 and D850 builds onto my D852 with no success. After modifying the updater-script and build prop the best I got was getting to the LG splash screen then it would reboot into recovery. I'm really interested to know how to port this over. If there is a process to be learnt we could use it for all the builds coming out for the other variants. I hope a dev steps in to help us out!
20th November 2014, 05:12 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Arizona
Thanks Meter: 1,830

1,452 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dun1237

I've tried flashing both the D855 and D850 builds onto my D852 with no success. After modifying the updater-script and build prop the best I got was getting to the LG splash screen then it would reboot into recovery. I'm really interested to know how to port this over. If there is a process to be learnt we could use it for all the builds coming out for the other variants. I hope a dev steps in to help us out!

Unfortunately it cant be flashed or ported due to the fact that the kernel signature has to match your exact device so it must be compiled for your device from source. I know @Ariesdroid is working to get some stuff going for your device, though I have no idea if it is CM12 or not.
20th November 2014, 06:20 AM   |  #5  
The Great White North
Thanks Meter: 119

804 posts
Absolutely we will.
20th November 2014, 06:58 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

4 posts
Awesome, thx for the info guys, looking forward to the update.
20th November 2014, 10:14 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 16

19 posts
More
Thanks for the info guys, i can't wait to see some cm12 come out for our device
21st November 2014, 08:38 PM   |  #8  
Flag Saskatune
Thanks Meter: 380

457 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by timmytim

Unfortunately it cant be flashed or ported due to the fact that the kernel signature has to match your exact device so it must be compiled for your device from source. I know @Ariesdroid is working to get some stuff going for your device, though I have no idea if it is CM12 or not.

Our team is getting all the nexus/moto devices and others going first unfortunately....I am just the graphics guy on the team. They are trying to get Validus and Tesla Kitkat ROMs to boot for my d852 so i can at least use our ROMs on the g3 for now....but 5.0 versions will follow with time....

Some cm 12 would be nice as well to play around with....I heard a rumor that it might happen soon...
The Following User Says Thank You to Ariesdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th November 2014, 10:38 PM   |  #9  

14 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariesdroid

Our team is getting all the nexus/moto devices and others going first unfortunately....I am just the graphics guy on the team. They are trying to get Validus and Tesla Kitkat ROMs to boot for my d852 so i can at least use our ROMs on the g3 for now....but 5.0 versions will follow with time....

Some cm 12 would be nice as well to play around with....I heard a rumor that it might happen soon...

Will it be compatible with d852G?
Yesterday, 01:36 AM   |  #10  

2 posts
Smile Cm12 lg g3 d852
I flashed the Unoficial-CM12 one on mine last night, and so far so good, no problems yet. Everything is working fine. Let me know you want to know how I did so, and I can put together a list of how-to. Also, if you want I can report any problems or bugs.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread