Lollipop Leak Available for the Sprint Galaxy S5

Since the Android 5.0Lollipop’s official release not too long ago, we’ve seen … more

CPU Spy Gets an Android Lollipop Makeover

At some point in the distant past, you probably heard of CPU Spy for Android by XDARetired … more

Amazon Fire TV Stick vs Chromecast – XDA TV

There is no doubt that Amazon is a huge player in many markets, and they want to be a huge … more

Fight the Heat and Conserve Battery with EaseUS Coolphone

Memory hungry Android applications are often responsible for making our device … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Vibration stops working

OP polo79

19th July 2014, 05:07 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 375

1,260 posts
More
I've had my g3 for a couple days now but twice I've noticed the vibration will stop working. Everything is turned on for vibration but still no go. A reboot fixes everything. Anyone else seen this?

Sent from my LG-D851 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
19th July 2014, 05:38 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 5

28 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo79

I've had my g3 for a couple days now but twice I've noticed the vibration will stop working. Everything is turned on for vibration but still no go. A reboot fixes everything. Anyone else seen this?

I've had the same thing happened to me twice. The only work around I know of is to reboot the phone. After a few times, I haven't had it happen again (fingers crossed).
The Following User Says Thank You to huyawns For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th July 2014, 05:53 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

1,260 posts
More
Hopefully it stops then but I have a feeling it will come back

20th July 2014, 02:10 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 6

21 posts
This happened to me once about 5 days ago. Thought it was just a fluke, but it happened again earlier today. After restarting, it happened again about 45 minutes after the restart... I'm already on my second G3... I don't want to have to exchange it again
The Following User Says Thank You to t1m1t For This Useful Post: [ View ]
20th July 2014, 02:15 AM   |  #5  
Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks Meter: 431

1,813 posts
More
Mine did this too

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
20th July 2014, 05:34 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Houston

1,260 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by t1m1t

This happened to me once about 5 days ago. Thought it was just a fluke, but it happened again earlier today. After restarting, it happened again about 45 minutes after the restart... I'm already on my second G3... I don't want to have to exchange it again

I think it's safe to assume it is software related. If a reboot didn't fix it then I would think hardware.

7th August 2014, 07:39 AM   |  #7  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 408

1,656 posts
Donate to Me
More
Keeps happening to me also every few days, no idea why.
7th August 2014, 04:34 PM   |  #8  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

465 posts
More
Happened to my D852. Likely a software issue. I doubt exchanging will do anything.
7th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 54

231 posts
More
I haven't had this issue on either of my two G3's, but I'm just tossing some steps out there to see if it might resolve it without rebooting.

Did you try the notification panel button to put it into Vibrate then back to Sound to see if it forces the Vibrate again? Also pushing it into Vibrate causes the phone to Vibrate as you do it. If vibrates doing that, you can assume it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Also, in the Settings menu under Sound, did you try checking the Vibrate Strength menu? Perhaps moving those slides might jolt it back or reset it via software without you having to reset your phone.

Just some ideas to see if perhaps using the UI might awake the software settings without rebooting everything to fix it.
7th August 2014, 10:07 PM   |  #10  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 129

465 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustLok

I haven't had this issue on either of my two G3's, but I'm just tossing some steps out there to see if it might resolve it without rebooting.

Did you try the notification panel button to put it into Vibrate then back to Sound to see if it forces the Vibrate again? Also pushing it into Vibrate causes the phone to Vibrate as you do it. If vibrates doing that, you can assume it's a software issue and not a hardware issue.

Also, in the Settings menu under Sound, did you try checking the Vibrate Strength menu? Perhaps moving those slides might jolt it back or reset it via software without you having to reset your phone.

Just some ideas to see if perhaps using the UI might awake the software settings without rebooting everything to fix it.

Yep, I tried switching sound modes to quiet, to vibrate, to sound again; and I still can't get vibration to work until a proper reboot.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread