FORUMS

Make Your Network Smart – XDA Xposed Tuesday

We rave about the features and abilities of our smartphones. However, in order for … more

Dr.Ketan Brings The S6 Theme Store To The Note 4

Dr.Ketan has submitted a video to the forums showing a functional port of the Galaxy S6 … more

Do You Have Insurance on Your Smartphone?

While affordable smartphones are becoming more available, the majority of high-end flagships … more

Apple Music Will Increase iTunes Match to 100,000 Songs

The battle for music streaming subscription dominance is starting to really heat … more

[Q] Custom non-SmartWorld fonts with stock font changer?

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 1

By WrittenImprov, Junior Member on 8th February 2015, 07:19 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It's great that there are OEMs like LG that provide this level of customization out of the box. The option that sounded the most interesting was the ability to change fonts without using root methods. The only problem I've found is that all the fonts one can download from SmartWorld are pretty hideous.
I know I can change the system font with several root apps, but this method is sketchy and was responsible for bricking one of my phones in the past. The SmartWorld fonts are installed as an APK if I'm not mistaken. My knowledge of how APKs are structured is fairly limited, but I was wondering if it would be possible to decompile one of the font APKs (if necessary. Again, not incredibly familiar with them), change the font file to a custom one, and install it on the G3 in a way that it would act like any other SmartWorld installed font and can be selected from the Settings > Display > Font type menu.

TL;DR is it possible to install a custom, non-SmartWorld font as if it were from SmartWorld and use it with the stock font changing settings? Thanks in advance.

24th March 2015, 02:55 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 78

Donate to Me
More
I would love to know this as well.

UPDATE:
I used to use ifont on my GS4 but it wouldn't work on my LG G3. It used to cause boot loops but apparently they must have fixed and made it compatible and now it works flawlessly.

Please hit the thanks if I have helped you.
Last edited by stajam; 24th March 2015 at 10:17 AM.
22nd June 2015, 03:34 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Me too having the same doubt. Since the SmartWorld fonts are working well, so the other fonts can also work with some customizations.. I hope any of the developers will come forward and do it..
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread