FORUMS

Three months to the day?

584 posts
Thanks Meter: 93

By grneyez, Senior Member on 28th August 2014, 12:11 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
It's been three months since the G3 has been released and we still don't have a unlocked boot loader. I'm new to this device and not all familiar with previous LG models so my question basically, is this normal for a LG device to take this long to get a unlocked boot loader?

I've had many Samsung/HTC devices and don't recall waiting this long for the phone to take off on development. I do really like the phone and it is a very nice phone but for me not being able to flash kernals, rooms, etc is disappointing. Would like to hang on to the phone but I'm just not sure of how future development will turn out. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

28th August 2014, 12:20 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 367

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez

It's been three months since the G3 has been released and we still don't have a unlocked boot loader. I'm new to this device and not all familiar with previous LG models so my question basically, is this normal for a LG device to take this long to get a unlocked boot loader?

I've had many Samsung/HTC devices and don't recall waiting this long for the phone to take off on development. I do really like the phone and it is a very nice phone but for me not being able to flash kernals, rooms, etc is disappointing. Would like to hang on to the phone but I'm just not sure of how future development will turn out. Just my 2 cents.

The G2s bootloader was never unlocked but an exploit to install custom Roms and kernels was found. HTC and Sony allow bootloader unlocking from their own website. Will there be a G3 boootloader unlock? Who knows but I wouldn't hold my breath.
28th August 2014, 12:24 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batfink33

The G2s bootloader was never unlocked but an exploit to install custom Roms and kernels was found. HTC and Sony allow bootloader unlocking from their own website. Will there be a G3 boootloader unlock? Who knows but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Unfortunately kind off thought that. To bad, such a good phone. Don't know why some manufacturers do this and others don't.

The Following User Says Thank You to grneyez For This Useful Post: [ View ]
28th August 2014, 12:46 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 253

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grneyez

Unfortunately kind off thought that. To bad, such a good phone. Don't know why some manufacturers do this and others don't.

You can watch the bounty thread in the AT&T G3 General forum. That's where the news will likely break from thecubed.

Should be any day now, but I haven't been on IRC to see how things are going.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app
28th August 2014, 01:06 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverZero

You can watch the bounty thread in the AT&T G3 General forum. That's where the news will likely break from thecubed.

Should be any day now, but I haven't been on IRC to see how things are going.

Sent from my LGLS990 using XDA Free mobile app

Good to know, I've been looking from day to day at that thread. Hope it's soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread