Remove All Ads from XDA

Should I get teh G4 or G3?

535 posts
Thanks Meter: 29
By smokarz, Senior Member on 24th October 2015, 01:16 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi Guys,

I am looking to upgrade from my HTC One M7, and either the G3 ($250) or G4 ($400) seems like good upgrade options.

If I go with the G3 and saved about $150, what am I missing from the G4? Is the G4 worth the extra $150?

24th October 2015, 02:45 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 51
Donate to Me
i have this doubt too when i have to choose, and thinking on the price, the difference of performance and etc...and i think is better go to the G3...for many reasons:

1st: screen percentage to body ratio is better than the G4,

2nd: They perform similar, have the almost same specs, SD808 over SD801 dont worth the overpayd money.

3rd: Isnt curved, you dont feel much curve in G4 but G3 is flat...and is good to handle.

4th: They will have the Android Marshmallow like G4.

Is my opinion, i have the G3 since March and i love it, already play with G4 more than 10 times when i go to shopping center and i dont feel the same as i feel with my G3...go for it, worth a lot better the money you pay for the G3 over the G4.
25th October 2015, 02:26 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 68
I would also say go with the G3, people on the G4 forums will probably tell you otherwise, but for me its a no brainer.

The G3 has better battery than the G4.
The G4 has a better camera.
The G3 has similar performance.
There are alot of good Devs that like the G3 and for these reasons probably wont feel the need to throw it away for a G4 any time soon.
The G3 pretty much is a G4.
Its alot cheaper, save that $150 for postage, tempered glass, case and phone plan.

Lastly its not a bad phone at all. You will still get a nice shiny new phone with the box and all the bling with it. Oh and who really needs an amazing camera on a smart phone anyway, these days they take great photos if you use them properly and if you want better quality or have a problem with quality I would assume you would have a SLR for the sole purpose of taking photos.

Ps. The camera isn't by any means bad. Look at the photos thread in G3 general.
25th October 2015, 05:24 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 22
This is a toss up. The G4 has arguably the best camera available right now. Its display is slightly brighter than the G3's display and processor a bit faster. I have the G3 with the OEM Slim Guard case and there is no better phone-case combination out there. Battery life is wonderful with latest SkyDragon, display can still run with the best of them although auto brightness on this phone is useless, and camera while not in the conversation of best android camera is still a good snapper.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread