[Q] Should I buy 128GB SDHC cards?

OP x1rocket

5th July 2014, 11:08 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aylesbury
Thanks Meter: 16

159 posts
More
they are really cheap on ebay... and will it work for the LG G3?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/128GB-Micr...item3a919d93b8
6th July 2014, 12:03 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,643

5,466 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by x1rocket

they are really cheap on ebay... and will it work for the LG G3?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/128GB-Micr...item3a919d93b8

yes really cheap maybe to cheap but only 20 its got to be worth it to try
6th July 2014, 12:28 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 4

49 posts
That seams too cheap considering memory just isnt sold at that price normally. Just make sure to read the fine print.

This is noted specifically for that sd card. (the other 65 128gb sd card they have for sale doesnt have this warning)

"When these brand new micro SD cards have been fully tested they vary in storage capacity, all cards range from 8GB to 128GB in capacity.. Please note that whilst these cards are brand new and have been shipped to us straight from the factory however they are sold as upgraded cards and therefore the capacity and speed may vary for each card"
6th July 2014, 12:42 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 57

467 posts
More
Do some searching on the internet. The cards on ebay are cheap because they're fake. When you put them in your computer, they say they have the advertised capacity but they don't.

Also, they are very slow. If you want to be able to use it with the camera, you'll need something that's faster.
6th July 2014, 12:58 AM   |  #5  
Kempston, Bedford
Thanks Meter: 5

51 posts
More
if you look at the feedback of those 128Gb cards you will see plenty of negative comments, saying things like constant data loss as cards need to be formatted all the time, not correct size, etc etc. i was looking at them but am sticking with my 32Gb one for now, as there are so many fakes doing the rounds that i would be wary spending 70 quid on one, let along 20 quid....remember.....if it looks too good to be true, it usually is too good to be true
6th July 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Aylesbury
Thanks Meter: 16

159 posts
More
ok well I just ordered a legit 128gb card for 66... will be ordering the phone tomorrow.... I CANT WAIT!!!
6th July 2014, 09:27 AM   |  #7  
Flag Manchester
Thanks Meter: 104

717 posts
More
I always avoid cheap sd cards as in the past ive had nothing but bad look with them, either cheap knock offs that don't work or just really slow and die within 2 months! I would definitely avoid this seller

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread