Does your g3 gets warm while charging?

OP F4M0U569

17th July 2014, 04:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 109

479 posts
Mine does. I'm using the same charger that came with it. Never happened with my nexus 5. Anybody?
17th July 2014, 04:30 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

31 posts
More
I charge mine wireless and it gets pretty hot

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk
17th July 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #3  
Flag Middle of nowhere
Thanks Meter: 271

1,133 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by F4M0U569

Mine does. I'm using the same charger that came with it. Never happened with my nexus 5. Anybody?

No mine doesn't, it gets warm but then again it's charging. Maybe try a different charger? The one that out comes with is 1.8A which isn't that high, but I guess it could be for usb 2.0. My nexus 7 has a 1.2A charger which is a lot lower and my note had a 2.0A charger. I would try the other one and confirm it's a lower amperage and see if that helps.

Sent from my LG-D850 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
17th July 2014, 05:32 PM   |  #4  
Flag West Side
Thanks Meter: 26

307 posts
More
All my devices have gotten warm during charging except my office where it is always 50* F inside lol
17th July 2014, 07:21 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 4

47 posts
Mine is really warm right now and has been since I've had it.. its also completely frozen on me three times so far so I am thinking I got a bad unit
17th July 2014, 07:31 PM   |  #6  
Flag Kragujevac
Thanks Meter: 276

238 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone

I charge mine wireless and it gets pretty hot

Skickat från min LG-D855 via Tapatalk

This is normal. Because it is inductive charging.

---------- Post added at 08:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:29 PM ----------

This is OK totally to get warm when charging and also it gets even warmer if you are using it. Try testing laptop charger... Drain battery totally and then plug charger to wall outlet. Wait few minutes and touch the charger. Then turn on you laptop use it a little and then again touch charger,even hotter...
The Following User Says Thank You to stefan063 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 07:50 PM   |  #7  
Flag Not Too Far
Thanks Meter: 50

226 posts
More
Any or every device gets warm while charging. Dont worry this normal unless your phone gets so hot that you can't even touch it.

17th July 2014, 10:36 PM   |  #8  
ZZ9PluralZAlpha
Thanks Meter: 44

204 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by enaybee

Any or every device gets warm while charging. Dont worry this normal unless your phone gets so hot that you can't even touch it.

What isn't normal is I got a warning popup on mine today saying something to the effect of 'Charging is being suspended due to high temperature'.

WTF! It was in my car, plugged in to the same charger I have used for months. I'm in the UK! Temperature was certainly no higher than 25 Celsius. device was warm, but not so warm I couldn't touch it!
17th July 2014, 11:27 PM   |  #9  
Flag Not Too Far
Thanks Meter: 50

226 posts
More
If you get a warning then check inside USB port. I had this behavior on GS2 where the tab inside port was touching the inside wall. I used a micro screw driver and slightly lifted it up so its not making contact with the metal housing. Be very careful as you have been warned. If you break the tab means your phone is done. So proceed at your own risk.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread