Unofficial Android 4.4 Lands on Three Mediatek Devices

For the last few years, devices with MTK systems-on-chip haven’t received much … more

MultiImagePicker Library for Multiple Image Selection

App developmentcan be done in more than a handful of ways. You can write every single … more

Shoot Troubles, Not Users w/ Alex Boag-Munroe – XDA:DevCon 2014

In presenting the various sessions from XDA:DevCon 2014, weve mainly … more

Oppo Releases ColorOS for the Find 5… Poorly

Almost every OEM has taken the liberty of creating its own incarnation of the Android OS. … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

G3 will not power on after charging - DEAD NO POWER - Buttons unresponsive

OP homerlovesbeer

13th October 2014, 10:32 AM   |  #21  
Thanks Meter: 122

544 posts
More
That really sucks, could happen to any brand - i hope you get your new phone soon.
17th October 2014, 08:46 AM   |  #22  
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlovesbeer

My phone failed today. It was working perfectly when I put it on charge with 15% battery left.

An hour or so later when I took it off the screen the phone is dead. All buttons unresponsive, tried different chargers, then took it to a shopping centre repair place who tested the battery and said it had charge in it. The LG charger still works perfectly with my S3 so it can't be the charger.

So I'm gutted as I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and all my photos are on it. I tried plugging it in to a USB port on my PC but no joy.

Any ideas?

Hi,
did you find a solution? My phone really have same problem. The main problem is I 'm from Turkey and my phone has been bought from USA, and our LG office is not supporting USA products.. sucks..

the phone is unresponsive , no screen no power, no sound... tried lots of thing. It has been power of in my pocket and never power on again.
17th October 2014, 02:18 PM   |  #23  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

3,805 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by oguzhang

Hi,
did you find a solution? My phone really have same problem. The main problem is I 'm from Turkey and my phone has been bought from USA, and our LG office is not supporting USA products.. sucks..

the phone is unresponsive , no screen no power, no sound... tried lots of thing. It has been power of in my pocket and never power on again.

Dude u really need to read the thread,4 posts above yours tells you what happened to his device.

sent from Canada via my Note 3, Note 2 or One X+
17th October 2014, 02:33 PM   |  #24  

4 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by homerlovesbeer

My phone failed today. It was working perfectly when I put it on charge with 15% battery left.

An hour or so later when I took it off the screen the phone is dead. All buttons unresponsive, tried different chargers, then took it to a shopping centre repair place who tested the battery and said it had charge in it. The LG charger still works perfectly with my S3 so it can't be the charger.

So I'm gutted as I've just returned from 2 weeks holiday and all my photos are on it. I tried plugging it in to a USB port on my PC but no joy.

Any ideas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

Dude u really need to read the thread,4 posts above yours tells you what happened to his device.

yes I saw it, Its main board (logic board) has been changed.
17th October 2014, 04:18 PM   |  #25  
Flag Delhi

19 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by force70

What are the odds of receiving defective handset in Lg G3?
17th October 2014, 05:36 PM   |  #26  
Flag toronto
Thanks Meter: 2,328

3,805 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyuubisiddhanth

What are the odds of receiving defective handset in Lg G3?

I wouldnt think very high but all devices are mass produced so it does happen as seen here.

20th October 2014, 08:04 PM   |  #27  
Thanks Meter: 2

31 posts
Hi guys,

Today my phone died too, it froze on snapchat then i exited the app, and the phone became unresponsive and the screen dimmed. I then pulled the battery out, and put it back in, but since then it hasnt turned back on. Ive tried charging it for a few hours and doing battery resets etc, it also doesnt connect to my PC. I think its dead.

Also its rooted, but as its completely dead will they know?

Worst thing is i bought it from Amazon.de and im in the UK so i have to ship it back there, unless anyone knows if LG will be able to repair it here in the UK?
Last edited by Jaaaaay; 20th October 2014 at 08:07 PM.
21st October 2014, 12:03 PM   |  #28  
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 51

897 posts
More
Sounds like a dud battery or connector, take it apart and check the connection between the battery and board.

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
dead, failed, lg g3, power
Previous Thread Next Thread