FORUMS

Samsung Galaxy Alpha (SM-G850) Gets Android 5.0

An Android 5.0 Lollipop update is finally available to download for the Samsung Galaxy … more

Do You Use 4:3 or 16:9 in the Camera App?

Every person has their own method of taking the best photos on their devices, but which aspect … more

LG G4 XDA Forum Opened

LG’s latest & greatest is just a few hours away from launching, and with so many power users that are … more

Android Wear Close to Running on Samsung Gear 2

Android is an OS that can sometimes be ported to run on devices not designed to … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can you download the same app twice?

17th October 2014, 06:12 PM |#1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I would like to have 2 of the same apps installed. With different loggins. Is that possible? Current I have to log out of my old one, then log in another one. It's a pain. Plz help
The Following User Says Thank You to cloudepic For This Useful Post: [ View ]

17th October 2014, 07:18 PM |#2  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 33

More
I think so long as the package name is the same you're out of luck. You may be able To install the same app from both Google play and humble bundle for example as packages are usually different, but that's about it unless you start tinkering with the apk.

Sent from my LG-D855
The Following User Says Thank You to cooldoud For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 01:44 AM |#3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudepic

I would like to have 2 of the same apps installed. With different loggins. Is that possible? Current I have to log out of my old one, then log in another one. It's a pain. Plz help

No it's not possible. Unless, you are rooted and modify build.prop to enable multi-user. Then you can add the same app in the other user(s).
The Following User Says Thank You to hwong96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th October 2014, 01:57 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Any info on how to that. I can root my phone. That pretty easy. But the other part.
Greatly appreciated.
18th October 2014, 02:08 AM |#5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 252

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cloudepic

Any info on how to that. I can root my phone. That pretty easy. But the other part.
Greatly appreciated.

The build.prop edit is not difficult. Once rooted, open build.prop with a root file explorer of your choice and add the following line at the very end:

fw.max_users=2

This is how the multi-user function gets added to tablets. I haven't tried it on phones, so back up your build.prop and let us know how it works out.
Have you tried logging into the app in guest mode while signed into the app as the device owner? That may work also.
18th October 2014, 04:21 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 118

Donate to Me
More
This involves a bit of modding, but I think this is what you want:

http://swapmyapp.com/how-to/run-mult...es-of-one-app/
19th October 2014, 03:03 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Thx guys it will try both of these things. It's for clash of clan game. Idk if it will work but I will try.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread