Pixie Dust – XDA Game Time!

more

Droid Turbo & Moto Maxx Compatibility Guide

more

YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India in April

The post YU “Project Caesar” with CM12 to Launch in India … more

Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch

The post Five New Forums for Latest Phones, Tablet and Smartwatch appeared first on … more

HELP! I'm a computer retard & cant figure out how to flash the vs98510B kdz firmware

OP Jake Lessley

12th February 2015, 09:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

30 posts
I'm getting all ???????? Across the board it headlines
LG ??? S/W Upgrade? ?????????? & the rest is? ???? Drivers are installed correctly VS98510B_01.kdz in flash tool file CDMA type DIAG phone mode & 33000 reset time. I'm on a HP pavilion touchsmart 15 notebook. I'll be so thankful if someone can talk me through what I'm doing wrong.
Sent from my VS980 4G using XDA Free mobile app
13th February 2015, 08:48 AM   |  #2  
Flag Leeds

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Lessley

LG ??? S/W Upgrade? ?????????? & the rest is? ???? Drivers are installed correctly VS98510B_01.kdz in flash tool file CDMA type DIAG phone mode & 33000 reset time. I'm on a HP pavilion touchsmart 15 notebook. I'll be so thankful if someone can talk me through what I'm doing wrong.

I would suggest you post your question in the Verison LG G3 Section :- http://forum.xda-developers.com/verizon-lg-g3

You may get a better response.....
13th February 2015, 12:44 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 184

435 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Lessley

Hi there.

This is a good thread to guide you through out the process and you can post your doubts there getting the help you need.
The thread is about going back to stock but the flashing process is the same.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785089

Enjoy.
14th February 2015, 09:21 AM   |  #4  
OP Member

30 posts
Thank you very much I will check it out.

17th February 2015, 10:35 AM   |  #5  
Flag Idyllwild
Thanks Meter: 32

156 posts
More
[QUOTE=Jake Lessley;58837922]Thank you very much I will check it out.

So when I kdz'd back to 10B from 12B i got the million question mark box in front of the LG flash tool screen as well. My heart skipped a beat but I let it work and in less then 5 minutes it was completed and not a single issue... I used @autoprime "return to stock" guide in G3 general(I believe) and recommend it if youre still stuck or having any issues
17th February 2015, 11:31 AM   |  #6  
OP Member

30 posts
I got past that & landed on it saying device not connected to usb please plug device into usb & it was plugged in! Being inpatient as I am I never let it just run its course which I read it does after about 5min. Soooooo I go in for a third try to let it run & it now says I have 2 devices plugged into usb unplug one & press continue!!!??? I swear to God every bump people run into once then quickly resolve I run into every single one... & can't figure out for hours ****ing days later. I wasn't ment to root,flash hell even own a damn phone. Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Jake Lessley For This Useful Post: [ View ]
18th February 2015, 04:34 AM   |  #7  
Flag Idyllwild
Thanks Meter: 32

156 posts
More
The only thing that matters is whats on your phone screen not the computer screen.... Are you in ethernet tether mode with usb debugging enabled??? And the VS985 drivers installed? That held me up for a day just getting the right combo of the above to work
18th February 2015, 05:34 AM   |  #8  
OP Member

30 posts
Drivers installed usb debugging on but as far as I know it doesn't have a Ethernet mode? Just MTP & Camera unless there's some hidden way to get to Ethernet mode cause I haven't found it. I think they took that option off? Maybe I'm wrong.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread