Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,807 Members 53,128 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help - Stuck on Download Mode

Tip us?

Duhhrenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help - Stuck on Download Mode

I rooted and flashed Sphinx. The ROM somehow kept me from hearing the other person on the other line when making calls and they couldn't hear me. So I was trying to unroot by using the Flashroot tool method. And now I'm stuck on download mode.
I have a d855. How do I unroot properly and how do I get out of the download mode.

This is my first time rooting an LG phone :/

Tweakecho
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duhhrenn View Post
I rooted and flashed Sphinx. The ROM somehow kept me from hearing the other person on the other line when making calls and they couldn't hear me. So I was trying to unroot by using the Flashroot tool method. And now I'm stuck on download mode.
I have a d855. How do I unroot properly and how do I get out of the download mode.

Hold the power button for 10 secs to reboot to normal. <<<<<<<< Depending on what you have done >>>>>>>>>>

ENSURE that no transfers or other process are in progress or you will have a bad day. I don't know what you have done on your phone but ensure you read the thread you are following completely.

Are you trying to restore to stock? There are a few threads that you need to follow exactly or you will brick your device.

Duhhrenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakecho View Post
Hold the power button for 10 secs to reboot to normal. <<<<<<<< Depending on what you have done >>>>>>>>>>

ENSURE that no transfers or other process are in progress or you will have a bad day. I don't know what you have done on your phone but ensure you read the thread you are following completely.

Are you trying to restore to stock? There are a few threads that you need to follow exactly or you will brick your device.
The method failed, so I gave up and wanted to just reboot. Did a batter pull and was able to get to the factory reset screen, but it just loops back to download mode.

Tweakecho
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
The method failed, so I gave up and wanted to just reboot. Did a batter pull and was able to get to the factory reset screen, but it just loops back to download mode.
follow this, for your variant, it should get you back on track don't forget to check the hashes as a bad download would cause it to fail.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2785089

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:

I don't have the links to the tread where I got these from but lets just hope I don't get banned.

1) go to download mode
2) install this and download the correct .kdz file for your phone
-Modelnumber is ...
-serial number is your imei number
- wait until the download is done
3) run the lgflashtool2014.exe from this zip
-Select type= cdma
-phone mode= Diag
-reset time=33000
-Should be like this when You run it
-select kdz file= is where you need to find the kdz file you just downloaded(step 1)
-then press cse flash
-in the now pop-up window select start
-select your language
-ignore error (cannot connect to lg server)
-check progress on phone up to 100% then boots in recovery installs and restarts
-wait untill it goes to the welcom screen then you can unplug
-now the most inportant step Like my post

to enter download mode do this:
--You must switch off the device to start the process.
--Then press and hold the “Volume Up” and connect the USB cable from phone to PC.
--Use the original USB cable. Because, other device’s cable may not be detected in the Computer. So, only we recommend it to use the original-- one that you got it when you bought the phone.
--Wait for the driver installation on PC.
--Then you will get the download mode screen in your phone.
--That’s it.
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

BioVolt
Old
Thanks Meter 591

DONATE TO ME
I have the opposite problem, can't get into download mode haha

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Duhhrenn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94 View Post
I don't have the links to the tread where I got these from but lets just hope I don't get banned.

I can't find the .kdz file. I have the D85010d.
Also, i ran the original lg firmware, I also get an error saying it was unsuccessful or i may have keyed in something incorrect.

When I run perform the TOT method, I get the "device model is different".

So, d85010d was stock and I flashed sphinx d855... where they incompatible? im assuming no because the phone ran fine aside from the issue i stated on the original post.

would like more help.

suljo94
Old
Thanks Meter 151
Quote:
I can't find the .kdz file. I have the D85010d.
Also, i ran the original lg firmware, I also get an error saying it was unsuccessful or i may have keyed in something incorrect.

When I run perform the TOT method, I get the "device model is different".

So, d85010d was stock and I flashed sphinx d855... where they incompatible? im assuming no because the phone ran fine aside from the issue i stated on the original post.

would like more help.
have you tried looking for it with the first link?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
If I have Helped you, feel free to use the "THANKS" Button

Duhhrenn
Old
(Last edited by Duhhrenn; 22nd July 2014 at 01:56 AM.) Reason: add new ?
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94 View Post
have you tried looking for it with the first link?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Okay, it installed but i'm stuck on the boot screen. Tried to do a factory reset, but it just loops right back to the boot screen.

But the installation completed. Does this mean I'm back to stock though and root is gone??

al-motamel
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Same problem here with my LG G3 (F400L)

I tried everything TOT& DLL files KDZ Files no thing work for me.