Help - Stuck on Download Mode

Search This thread

Duhhrenn

Jul 20, 2014
I rooted and flashed Sphinx. The ROM somehow kept me from hearing the other person on the other line when making calls and they couldn't hear me. So I was trying to unroot by using the Flashroot tool method. And now I'm stuck on download mode.
I have a d855. How do I unroot properly and how do I get out of the download mode.

This is my first time rooting an LG phone :/

Tweakecho

Jul 30, 2007
Jacksonville
I rooted and flashed Sphinx. The ROM somehow kept me from hearing the other person on the other line when making calls and they couldn't hear me. So I was trying to unroot by using the Flashroot tool method. And now I'm stuck on download mode.
I have a d855. How do I unroot properly and how do I get out of the download mode.

Hold the power button for 10 secs to reboot to normal. <<<<<<<< Depending on what you have done >>>>>>>>>>

ENSURE that no transfers or other process are in progress or you will have a bad day. I don't know what you have done on your phone but ensure you read the thread you are following completely.

Are you trying to restore to stock? There are a few threads that you need to follow exactly or you will brick your device.

Duhhrenn

Jul 20, 2014
Hold the power button for 10 secs to reboot to normal. <<<<<<<< Depending on what you have done >>>>>>>>>>

ENSURE that no transfers or other process are in progress or you will have a bad day. I don't know what you have done on your phone but ensure you read the thread you are following completely.

Are you trying to restore to stock? There are a few threads that you need to follow exactly or you will brick your device.

The method failed, so I gave up and wanted to just reboot. Did a batter pull and was able to get to the factory reset screen, but it just loops back to download mode.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen

I don't have the links to the tread where I got these from but lets just hope I don't get banned.

1) go to download mode
2) install this and download the correct .kdz file for your phone
-Modelnumber is ...
-serial number is your imei number
- wait until the download is done
3) run the lgflashtool2014.exe from this zip
-Select type= cdma
-phone mode= Diag
-reset time=33000
-Should be like this when You run it
-select kdz file= is where you need to find the kdz file you just downloaded(step 1)
-then press cse flash
-in the now pop-up window select start
-select your language
-ignore error (cannot connect to lg server)
-check progress on phone up to 100% then boots in recovery installs and restarts
-wait untill it goes to the welcom screen then you can unplug
-now the most inportant step Like my post

to enter download mode do this:
--You must switch off the device to start the process.
--Then press and hold the “Volume Up” and connect the USB cable from phone to PC.
--Use the original USB cable. Because, other device’s cable may not be detected in the Computer. So, only we recommend it to use the original-- one that you got it when you bought the phone.
--Wait for the driver installation on PC.
--Then you will get the download mode screen in your phone.
--That’s it.

Reactions: Kotaless and Inata

Duhhrenn

Jul 20, 2014
I don't have the links to the tread where I got these from but lets just hope I don't get banned.

I can't find the .kdz file. I have the D85010d.
Also, i ran the original lg firmware, I also get an error saying it was unsuccessful or i may have keyed in something incorrect.

When I run perform the TOT method, I get the "device model is different".

So, d85010d was stock and I flashed sphinx d855... where they incompatible? im assuming no because the phone ran fine aside from the issue i stated on the original post.

would like more help.

suljo94

Nov 25, 2013
Antwerpen
I can't find the .kdz file. I have the D85010d.
Also, i ran the original lg firmware, I also get an error saying it was unsuccessful or i may have keyed in something incorrect.

When I run perform the TOT method, I get the "device model is different".

So, d85010d was stock and I flashed sphinx d855... where they incompatible? im assuming no because the phone ran fine aside from the issue i stated on the original post.

would like more help.

have you tried looking for it with the first link?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Duhhrenn

Jul 20, 2014
have you tried looking for it with the first link?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Okay, it installed but i'm stuck on the boot screen. Tried to do a factory reset, but it just loops right back to the boot screen.

But the installation completed. Does this mean I'm back to stock though and root is gone??

Last edited:

al-motamel

Jul 21, 2010
Same problem here with my LG G3 (F400L)

I tried everything TOT& DLL files KDZ Files no thing work for me.

masmusica

Sep 7, 2014
I have the same problem im stuck in download mode and i cant find the kdz =O

I need to know if something can resolve this problem , my device is a lg g3 850 10 d and i installed the room sphinx for the lg D855 and was incompatible because the dialer did not work properly and try with original tot for my device and dont work with this method.. so i need the ORIGINAL KDZ for the lg G3 D850 10d know where to find??? :confused:

masmusica

Sep 7, 2014
Hey men you can find the solution of your issue?

Okay, it installed but i'm stuck on the boot screen. Tried to do a factory reset, but it just loops right back to the boot screen.

But the installation completed. Does this mean I'm back to stock though and root is gone??

i Have exactly the same problem of you... im istalling the sphinx room and try to back to stock in the 855 version and my version is 850 10 d and my phone get in a download mode don run anymore :crying:

You can ressolve finally the problem or what do you do with your phone????

julandroid

Jun 3, 2011
So I was trying to unroot by using the Flashroot tool method. And now I'm stuck on download mode.
I was in your position. Once you enter the download mode it is *almost* impossible to get out without removing the battery. I've heard a lot of suggestions like pressing the power button for 10 or 20 seconds or even doing that in combination with other keys, BUT the ultimate truth is that you have to press and keep holding power button for at least 1 minute. I didn't time exact seconds, but it was ridiculously long time. Probably it will take you less time removing the back and re-sit the battery, but personally I hate removing the back without serious reason :)

About the second question - I was unable to flash anything in LG's download mode. I'm using Ubuntu + virtualbox (Windows 7 inside), but due to issues with drivers and/or virtualbox and/or usb port forwarding I was unable to reliably connect and flash the stock kdz image. Fortunately I've sent the phone back to the LG repair office and they re-flashed the firmware for me.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

so i need the ORIGINAL KDZ for the lg G3 D850 10d know where to find??? :confused:
It is not exactly what you want, BUT at least you can get your latest, official KDZ file from LG.

Open in browser the following URL, but replace the xxxxxxxxx
http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/csmg/b2c/client/auth_model_check2.jsp?esn=xxxxxxxx
where xxxxxxxx is your IMEI number

As a result you'll get an XML file that will contain the location of your latest KDZ update, which should look something like this:
http://csmgdl.lgmobile.com/dn/downloader.dev?fileKey=.../D85510L_00.kdz

Last edited:
how to fix download mode

for all lg phones but if you are not lg user you can contact me for any phone software issues
try freepcforanything.blogspot
1. add .com at the end of the link
2. and choose software solution (right side you can see)
3. fix all software related issues.

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:09 PM ----------

you can try reinstall software and it will work for sure and also without loosing you data i can't send direct link cause i m new user

just follow the steps
1. open browser and type freepcforanything.blogspot+.in/2015/08/software-solution.html
2. copy link and past in address bar just remove + and enter

junaidtps1

Jun 26, 2012
Solution- Lg G3 Stuck in download mode.

USE TOT as describes in given link. But using USB 2.0 , it works for me on korean ver. F400S. Don't use USB 3.0
xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2785089

Last edited:

maxi65

Dec 28, 2014
Faisalabad
Did you fix your phone?

i am also having lg g3 F4ooL
installed cloudy g3
soft bricked
boot looping
when i enter into download mode
flashtool says an error that
*cant change to Download mode*
Download fail :(
what can i do?

orz0

Dec 8, 2017
Hi guys, i know it's an old post but i get the same issue.
I was following this tutorial https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/1058206-lg-g3-lineageos-tutorial/
I was on lollipop.
I initially downgraded to kitkat (V10e) using LG UP and then rooted with purple drake.
In the following reboots, "kernel error" occurred.
So I tried to flash the kitkat stock version again but without success.
I'm stuck in download mode and tried to flash both the kitkat version, the lollipop and the marshmallow, through .tot and .kdz, I tried both with LG UP, LG Flash tools v 1.8 and with LG flash Tools 2014 but in all cases unsuccessful because the phone reboots before it ends.
Now I don't know what to try anymore. Do you have any solution, please?
Thanks in advance.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

1) go to download mode
    2) install this and download the correct .kdz file for your phone
    -Modelnumber is ...
    -serial number is your imei number
    - wait until the download is done
    3) run the lgflashtool2014.exe from this zip
    -Select type= cdma
    -phone mode= Diag
    -reset time=33000
    -Should be like this when You run it
    -select kdz file= is where you need to find the kdz file you just downloaded(step 1)
    -then press cse flash
    -in the now pop-up window select start
    -select your language
    -ignore error (cannot connect to lg server)
    -check progress on phone up to 100% then boots in recovery installs and restarts
    -wait untill it goes to the welcom screen then you can unplug
    -now the most inportant step Like my post

to enter download mode do this:
    --You must switch off the device to start the process.
    --Then press and hold the “Volume Up” and connect the USB cable from phone to PC.
    --Use the original USB cable. Because, other device’s cable may not be detected in the Computer. So, only we recommend it to use the original-- one that you got it when you bought the phone.
    --Wait for the driver installation on PC.
    --Then you will get the download mode screen in your phone.
    --That’s it.