Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,357 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Help

Tip us?
 
Akhayev
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default Help

I heard some people saying who gets update for lg g3 by ota and its just 48mb that means your phone unbranded..what does that mean??

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Lennyuk
Old
#2  
Lennyuk's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,433
Posts: 5,716
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, England

 
DONATE TO ME
What are you asking?

What is an OTA?
What is unbranded?

An OTA is "over the air" and is a way for your firmware to be updated.

Unbranded means your phone was not associated with any particular network or carrier - basically meaning it was brought "sim free".
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:
 
Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
 
Akhayev
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Nov 2013
I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Akhayev
Old
#4  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
What are you asking?

What is an OTA?
What is unbranded?

An OTA is "over the air" and is a way for your firmware to be updated.

Unbranded means your phone was not associated with any particular network or carrier - basically meaning it was brought "sim free".
?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
 
Lennyuk
Old
#5  
Lennyuk's Avatar
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 1,433
Posts: 5,716
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Essex, England

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhayev View Post
I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.
I am some sort of dev and a writer for LandofDroid. I am also a member of HTC Elevate. Was a member of the now defunct "Team Villain" aka VillainRom.

Guide to Unroot LG G3 for OTA
Chromecast System UI Crash Fix

http://forum.xda-developers.com/signaturepics/sigpic2315688_1.gif

Device info:
 
Current: LG G3, Google LG Nexus 5, Chromecast, Acer C720 Chromebook
Retired: HTC One, Google LG Nexus 4, Google Asus Nexus 7 Samsung Galaxy Note II Samsung Galaxy S III, Advent Vega (Tablet), Samsung Galaxy S II, Samsung Galaxy S, HTC Desire Z, HTC Desire HD, HTC Desire, HTC Hero

www.lennyuk.co.uk
Twitter | Google+
Like what I do? help me have a coffee<----- This is a link
 
Akhayev
Old
#6  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Posts: 79
Join Date: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk View Post
It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.
Okay thank you bro

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes