Sony SmartEyeglass SDK Developer Preview Released

A little over a month ago in Tokyo, Japan, Sony unveiled its new SmartEyeglasstechnology. … more

XDA and Leaseweb: Server Trial/Moto 360 Contest (Winners!)

About a month ago, we held a contest along with XDA’s host, Leaseweb, to … more

Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Help

OP Akhayev

22nd July 2014, 11:11 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 22

112 posts
I heard some people saying who gets update for lg g3 by ota and its just 48mb that means your phone unbranded..what does that mean??

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
22nd July 2014, 11:23 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,464

5,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
What are you asking?

What is an OTA?
What is unbranded?

An OTA is "over the air" and is a way for your firmware to be updated.

Unbranded means your phone was not associated with any particular network or carrier - basically meaning it was brought "sim free".
22nd July 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

22nd July 2014, 11:28 AM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

What are you asking?

What is an OTA?
What is unbranded?

An OTA is "over the air" and is a way for your firmware to be updated.

Unbranded means your phone was not associated with any particular network or carrier - basically meaning it was brought "sim free".

?

22nd July 2014, 11:33 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Essex, England
Thanks Meter: 1,464

5,745 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akhayev

I mean like when you go to settings>about phone> software update .. I updated my software today and the size of the update was 43mb but some people got update size 178mb.. And they was saying who got update and the size was 43mb it means that your phone unbranded

It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.
22nd July 2014, 11:42 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member

112 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennyuk

It depends where you are situated, different regions have got different updates that fix different things, most fixes are things relating to radio and cell tower connections.

Vodafone branded devices had an update that fixed something specifically for their network.

the 43mb update seems most common and suggests that there was nothing on your device that really needed fixing beyond whatever the "power optimisation" is that they have done.

Okay thank you bro

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread