OP 06stang

19th July 2014, 12:44 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Albuquerque
Thanks Meter: 169

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Did they remove the theme settings for home?
19th July 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035

2,634 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 06stang

What phone do you have ? They removed it from the sprint one ls990... But list what model numbers each have and if yours has themes in the settings

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
19th July 2014, 12:48 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Albuquerque

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

What phone do you have ? They removed it from the sprint one ls990... But list what model numbers each have and if yours has themes in the settings

Verizon G3 and I can't find it anywhere. I can find the app for the current home theme but nothing to change it
19th July 2014, 12:52 AM   |  #4  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,035

2,634 posts
More
Quote:

Verizon G3 and I can't find it anywhere. I can find the app for the current home theme but nothing to change it

Same for sprint ... it has a home theme.apk but it's 0kb and I need root to replace and see if international will work ...it should

8th August 2014, 06:13 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Smile Solution! (T-Mobile user)
Quote:

Its not in any of the menu's but it is there(On the T-Mobile D851 version at least)! If you download the "launcherpro" app from the play store and copy its activities widget to your home screen it will give you a list of apps/functions of apps that you can add as a shortcut on your home screen. If you scroll down to "Home" one of the options is "Theme" with the subtext "com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivit y". Choose that option and you'll get a shortcut on your home screen that lets you change the theme(You'll have to install some first the phone only comes with the one default theme). If you get a menu with no options make sure you have chosen the right Theme option(my phone had two different Theme listings but the subtext was different only one says LGThemeChooserActivity).

I take no credit for this I found it on androidforum but wanted to share it here since there was no solution in this post.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nemesis1218 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th August 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Albuquerque

883 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis1218

Its not in any of the menu's but it is there(On the T-Mobile D851 version at least)! If you download the "launcherpro" app from the play store and copy its activities widget to your home screen it will give you a list of apps/functions of apps that you can add as a shortcut on your home screen. If you scroll down to "Home" one of the options is "Theme" with the subtext "com.lge.launcher2.theme.LGThemeChooserActivit y". Choose that option and you'll get a shortcut on your home screen that lets you change the theme(You'll have to install some first the phone only comes with the one default theme). If you get a menu with no options make sure you have chosen the right Theme option(my phone had two different Theme listings but the subtext was different only one says LGThemeChooserActivity).

I take no credit for this I found it on androidforum but wanted to share it here since there was no solution in this post.

You should take credit for this because I had no idea. You rock
11th August 2014, 05:28 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 3

86 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

I have the tmobile version and i dnt have the theme in my settings either
11th August 2014, 05:40 PM   |  #8  
Flag Essen
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
More
In the D855 there is the option for change themes Oo
19th August 2014, 05:43 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 2

5 posts
Unhide Theme Menu
Quote:

Found out that the theme menu options were hidden on my Tmobile G3 instructions for unjiding it follow.

If you download the "launcherpro" app from the play store and copy its activities widget to your home screen it will give you a list of apps/functions of apps that you can add as a shortcut on your home screen. If you scroll down to "Home" one of the options is "Home" with the subtext "com.lge.launcher2.debug.LGHomeHiddenMenuActivity" . Choose that option and you'll get a shortcut on your home screen that lets you access a menu with a variety of options. The one of interest for this thread is "Feature_Hide_Theme_Setting" on my G3 this was enabled, I turned it off I now I actually have access to themes in my home screen settings.

Once you unhide the menu you can actually get rid of launcher pro and themes will still be accesible.

Sidenote also now have the option to put my home screen into landscape mode "Feature_Use_Rotate_Layout" puts that into the display settings.

The Following User Says Thank You to Nemesis1218 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread