"Unfortunately, Camera has stopped." message, please help!

OP ajayrayit

13th August 2014, 09:24 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
Hi,

On my LG G3, camera displays the unfortunately camera has stopped message. I cannot access the camera using this application nor through any 3rd party applications. I can however access the front facing camera using snapchat but not the rear. I have tried the method of clearing cached, data then force stop it and reboot. This does not solve the problem. I have also rebooted the phone in safe mode to determine if it was interference from any 3rd party applications however even in safe mode I got the message, which leads me to think maybe a hardware problem. Can anyone offer some advice?? The device is not rooted. I go on holiday next week and was looking forward to taking some good pictures with it too!

Regards

Ajay
13th August 2014, 10:09 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 45

305 posts
did you make any mod for the camera ? like video quality or bitrate ?
if you did your problem is with the permission of the files you changed. it happended to me too.
i decided to reinstall everything since a wipe didn't solve the problem. later i discovered that i forgot to chance the permissions. so the reinstall was unecessary...all i had to do was give the right permission as was stated in the post about the camera mod.
14th August 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #3  
Flag Antwerpen
Thanks Meter: 281

1,006 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajayrayit

Hi,

On my LG G3, camera displays the unfortunately camera has stopped message. I cannot access the camera using this application nor through any 3rd party applications. I can however access the front facing camera using snapchat but not the rear. I have tried the method of clearing cached, data then force stop it and reboot. This does not solve the problem. I have also rebooted the phone in safe mode to determine if it was interference from any 3rd party applications however even in safe mode I got the message, which leads me to think maybe a hardware problem. Can anyone offer some advice?? The device is not rooted. I go on holiday next week and was looking forward to taking some good pictures with it too!

Regards

Ajay

do yo have a recovery installed if yes reply on this and I will pm you wat to do

also read my banner
14th August 2014, 01:35 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by suljo94

do yo have a recovery installed if yes reply on this and I will pm you wat to do

also read my banner

what do you mean by a recovery?
14th August 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tntgdh

did you make any mod for the camera ? like video quality or bitrate ?
if you did your problem is with the permission of the files you changed. it happended to me too.
i decided to reinstall everything since a wipe didn't solve the problem. later i discovered that i forgot to chance the permissions. so the reinstall was unecessary...all i had to do was give the right permission as was stated in the post about the camera mod.

no mods nothing! how do I change these permissions then?
14th August 2014, 01:49 AM   |  #6  
Flag Antwerpen

1,006 posts
More
Quote:

no mods nothing! how do I change these permissions then?

do you have root
14th August 2014, 01:50 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

do you have root

no the device isn't rooted.
14th August 2014, 01:54 AM   |  #8  
Flag Antwerpen

1,006 posts
More
Quote:

no the device isn't rooted.

which version do you have(modelnumber)
14th August 2014, 01:55 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
The device is LG G3 D855
14th August 2014, 02:00 AM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:

which version do you have(modelnumber)

Yep its deffo d855, do you think there is a way of fixing this or should I take it back to the manufacturer?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread