Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,588 Members 46,662 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

32gb or 16gb

Tip us?

cez10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
Default 32gb or 16gb

Hey guys

I am considering getting the G3 and theres about 50 difference between 32 and 16gb version, is the 3gb/32gb actually worth it? Seen some tests and the difference was hardly noticable...anybody has any experience with both versions and could compare?

Thanks!

Semantics
Old
Thanks Meter 492
I don't have the link handy but a review was done with both versions, and the benchmarks were nearly the same. With microsd support, I'd see no reason just for another 1gb of ram personally.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

gsw5700
Old
Thanks Meter 514
Every android phone I've ever had from 256kb to 2gb has eventually needed more memory. More memory means you can run more, cache more and be future proof. If your only keeping the phone for a year, then 2gb will probably be fine, if keeping for 2 years then I would get the 3gb version

Heisenberg420
Old
Thanks Meter 420
Not exactly sure what 50 euros is in usd but if it's any where from 50-100 it's well worth it imo, especially since you get a sdcard & ram upgrade.

2gb ram has been the flagship standard for a while now, my HTC one gets pretty close to full ram usage at some points. More ram guarantees smooth performance for heavy usage as well as future proof specs, and don't forget the g3 has that qhd resolution and once higher (than 1080p) resolution videos become more common you'll be glad you went with the extra ram.

cez10
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 21
well the 16gb version, not sure what batch is it and where is it imported from(assuming Korea) goes for 1950 PLN = 373.8150 GBP according to google while the 32gb version which is imported from Korea goes for 2250 PLN = 431.3250 GBP so yeah not a big difference but still.

The thing is that I dont really play games on a mobile, most of the time I would just use it for browsing, mail, facebook, gps/maps, apps and camera damn, decisions decisions...

misiokicio
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cez10 View Post
well the 16gb version, not sure what batch is it and where is it imported from(assuming Korea) goes for 1950 PLN = 373.8150 GBP according to google while the 32gb version which is imported from Korea goes for 2250 PLN = 431.3250 GBP so yeah not a big difference but still.

The thing is that I dont really play games on a mobile, most of the time I would just use it for browsing, mail, facebook, gps/maps, apps and camera damn, decisions decisions...
Well i never had the choice... Only 16gb was available in UK. I would defo spend another 50 quid to get extra storage... You're planning to spend a lot of money already so extra 300pln is not that bad isn't?

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

szqnl
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Personally I would just save the money and buy the 16gb and get a massive SD Card instead. I doubt there is any noticeable difference in performance unless you have a gizillion apps open at the same time. In fact I remember reading an article where an LG employee says the phone is optimised to run on 2GB RAM.

The only reason I can think of to get the 32GB version is if you do not plan on getting an SD Card, then the extra storage is definately worth it. And maybe resale value will be higher...

bobsie41
Old
Thanks Meter 301

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by szqnl View Post
Personally I would just save the money and buy the 16gb and get a massive SD Card instead. I doubt there is any noticeable difference in performance unless you have a gizillion apps open at the same time. In fact I remember reading an article where an LG employee says the phone is optimised to run on 2GB RAM.

The only reason I can think of to get the 32GB version is if you do not plan on getting an SD Card, then the extra storage is definately worth it. And maybe resale value will be higher...
I think the extra on board storage is, now, very important as, in the up to date google builds, moving app data to sd is very restricted.

Protagoras
Old
Thanks Meter 35

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsie41 View Post
I think the extra on board storage is, now, very important as, in the up to date google builds, moving app data to sd is very restricted.
Unless you root...
But even so, internal storage is better than SD card for many reason (ease of use, speed)

I picked the 32GB from Germany, very happy I did so.

Jiyeon90
Old
Thanks Meter 159
Get the one with 3gb ram, I can't believe they are still releasing phones with 2gb ram.
I have a Z1 and since I started using a custom launcher whenever I have some apps open and press the home button the homescreen redraws and it's not nearly as quick as before.
Also some apps don't stay cached when I reopen them.
The G3 with its massive resolution should eat even more ram.

Sent from my Xperia Z1