FORUMS

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

New Snapdragons: Some Context & Contrast

It hasn’t been a good year for Qualcomm so far. Every device featuring the Snapdragon 810 … more

Google To Launch Next Gen Android One On July 14

The first gen of Android One devices to be launched in India in September 2014 were … more

Bootloader check!!!

204 posts
Thanks Meter: 31
 
By john0699, Senior Member on 17th July 2014, 08:50 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hello, can someone tell me please, how i can check if my bootloader is locked or unlocked?!😎

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk
 
 
17th July 2014, 08:51 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 106
 
More
I would also like to know, just purchased my LG G 3 Verizon
17th July 2014, 09:33 PM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
I think the standard way is to take a dump of the bootloader and disassemble it using an ARM disassembler.

Then, examine the assembly code for a signature checking function, and if present, check the callers/return value to see if the signature is verified to allow booting upon a mismatch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app
The Following User Says Thank You to flinttownbrown For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 09:36 PM |#4  
Tikerz's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 351
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinttownbrown

I think the standard way is to take a dump of the bootloader and disassemble it using an ARM disassembler.

Then, examine the assembly code for a signature checking function, and if present, check the callers/return value to see if the signature is verified to allow booting upon a mismatch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

Piece of cake!
The Following User Says Thank You to Tikerz For This Useful Post: [ View ]
17th July 2014, 10:28 PM |#5  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,847
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flinttownbrown

I think the standard way is to take a dump of the bootloader and disassemble it using an ARM disassembler.

Then, examine the assembly code for a signature checking function, and if present, check the callers/return value to see if the signature is verified to allow booting upon a mismatch.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium HD app

just done it now how the .... do i put it back together lol
18th July 2014, 12:10 AM |#6  
leomd333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
From what I have heard ALL of the G3's have locked bootloaders.
18th July 2014, 12:12 AM |#7  
Jocelyn's Avatar
Senior Member
Orlando, FL
Thanks Meter: 223
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomd333

From what I have heard ALL of the G3's have locked bootloaders.

Not T-Mo

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2
18th July 2014, 12:18 AM |#8  
leomd333's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Lisburn
Thanks Meter: 59
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jocelyn

Not T-Mo

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk 2

Really? Awesome!
18th July 2014, 02:44 AM |#9  
wavrunrx's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 398
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by leomd333

Really? Awesome!

t-mobile is unlocked sir
18th July 2014, 04:22 AM |#10  
seboj's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 52
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by john0699

Hello, can someone tell me please, how i can check if my bootloader is locked or unlocked?!😎

Gesendet von meinem LG-D855 mit Tapatalk

If you bought your phone from T-Mobile, the bootloader is unlocked. If you bought your phone elsewhere, your bootloader is locked.

Based on your signature, I'm assuming you bought a D855. Here's the bounty thread (temporarily locked) for unlocking its bootloader.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes