Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,899 Members 37,921 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] How to integrate Viber into Hangouts?

Tip us?

Pheno.menon
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 189
Question [Q] How to integrate Viber into Hangouts?

On my gf's G3, Viber texts will show in the stock messaging app but not in Hangouts (even when Hangouts is set as the default messaging app). Any way to fix this?

Also, I rooted it and froze most of the of the AT&T bloatware that came on it and now her contacts don't show names (just phone numbers). Any idea which one might be responsible for this? I tried unfreezing AT&T Address Book but it's still the same thing.

Viber Team
Old
Thanks Meter 525
Hi,

There is no way to integrate Viber into Hangouts. You can enable the Free reply with Viber option, but that only applies to regular network SMS messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pheno.menon View Post
On my gf's G3, Viber texts will show in the stock messaging app but not in Hangouts (even when Hangouts is set as the default messaging app). Any way to fix this?

Also, I rooted it and froze most of the of the AT&T bloatware that came on it and now her contacts don't show names (just phone numbers). Any idea which one might be responsible for this? I tried unfreezing AT&T Address Book but it's still the same thing.
An official representative of Viber Media (Viber app.)

hanifvahora
Old
Thanks Meter 78
This apps originally from Israel country therefore I hated this apps u people killed our innocence Palestinian people I hate viber app

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app