Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,466 Members 51,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

how to remove useless apps

Tip us?

geoff5093
Old
Thanks Meter 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlk09 View Post
Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC
So backup your rom, flash a stock room, install LG tools, then restore CM...
The Following User Says Thank You to geoff5093 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

D0MINO
Old
(Last edited by D0MINO; 3rd September 2014 at 11:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlk09 View Post
Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC
Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.
Phones: LG G3 (D855) & Samsung Galaxy S1 (I9000)

If you feel I have helped in anyway then please click the THANKS!
The Following User Says Thank You to D0MINO For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

NickBlk09
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093 View Post
So backup your rom, flash a stock room, install LG tools, then restore CM...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D0MINO View Post
Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.

Thank you guys for all your help, so lets recap what I need is to have the LG suite or Connectivity or whatever its called, service installed on my phone(in the app manager on ALL tab) so that when I connect my phone to the usb cable my PC LG Suite will see that there's a phone on the wire and connect.
Because as it is now, I don't have ANY LG software services installed anywhere on my phone and I have no options to select any kind of connectivity relating to LG Suite in my phone, in the stock you have through wifi or usb.
And you guys are saying that if I install a stock and then restore CM ROM I will have that service? But won't I have all the other crap services too? Or can I just do a Titanium Backup sweep and scrape them all off after?

Isn't there anything simpler I can do to get that 1 service? Like have someone back it up on their phone, upload it and me download it and install it? Backup with Titanium Backup and restore it to my system with Titanium Backup after download

Thanks!

Android L Will Have Data Encryption Turned On by Default

Android L, once it is eventually released, will featuredata encryption turned on by … more

Lock Apps and Functions Easily with Droid Protector

Access and security are some of the key issues facingmobile technology. Whether … more

ARChon Lets You Run Android Apps in Google Chrome Browser

Not too long ago, Google added the ability torun select Android applications on … more

Flyme OS Finds Its Way to the Google Nexus 5

Flyme OS is a heavily modified Android variantdeveloped by the Meizu team for their MX … more