Velocity is Like OpenTable on Steroids

We all enjoy a night out with friends or our significant other from time to time. However, there is … more

Android Lollipop Lands for the Sony Xperia Z Ultra

The undisputed king of the beasts–at least in Sony’s current stable,is the … more

Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

how to remove useless apps

OP 3thman

3rd September 2014, 11:52 AM   |  #11  
Flag Goffstown, NH
Thanks Meter: 264

1,168 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlk09

Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC

So backup your rom, flash a stock room, install LG tools, then restore CM...
The Following User Says Thank You to geoff5093 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd September 2014, 08:55 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 22

162 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NickBlk09

Thanks man but that really doesn't work... It works on older phone models but now with newer android system/phones its actually the other way around, if i went to a PC that didn't have the suite on it, the phone offered the option to install the suite on the PC

Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.
Last edited by D0MINO; 4th September 2014 at 12:29 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to D0MINO For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th September 2014, 07:35 AM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by geoff5093

So backup your rom, flash a stock room, install LG tools, then restore CM...

Quote:
Originally Posted by D0MINO

Ah, well in my G3 I was able to select an option in the settings which then asked me to connect the PC USB cable which then opened a web page on my PC to download the LG PC Suite, so that's the option you must be talking about. I believe then that the PC Suite is already installed on your phone and all it needs is the corresponding program on your PC to function fully?

Does your phone have the LG Update Centre? If so, the PC Suite app might be there?

If that doesn't do what you want then since you are wanting to use a CM based ROM (in which I would imagine that they have taken out most LG apps) and if you can't find the PC Suite stuff anywhere, flash a stock ROM then do a full TB then flash the CM ROM on top so then you can restore any LG apps/services you want.

Thank you guys for all your help, so lets recap what I need is to have the LG suite or Connectivity or whatever its called, service installed on my phone(in the app manager on ALL tab) so that when I connect my phone to the usb cable my PC LG Suite will see that there's a phone on the wire and connect.
Because as it is now, I don't have ANY LG software services installed anywhere on my phone and I have no options to select any kind of connectivity relating to LG Suite in my phone, in the stock you have through wifi or usb.
And you guys are saying that if I install a stock and then restore CM ROM I will have that service? But won't I have all the other crap services too? Or can I just do a Titanium Backup sweep and scrape them all off after?

Isn't there anything simpler I can do to get that 1 service? Like have someone back it up on their phone, upload it and me download it and install it? Backup with Titanium Backup and restore it to my system with Titanium Backup after download

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread