FORUMS

Which OEM Would You Like to Help?

Most manufacturers have moments of greatness and moments of decadence, and in the past few years … more

Root T-Mobile S6/Edge on 5.1.1 Without Tripping Knox

If you purchase phones from a carrier, you may be no stranger to the difficulties … more

IonVR Coming Soon, HTC M9 Dev Edition Gets Android 5.1 – XDA TV

The HTC M9 Developer Edition has received Android 5.1. That and … more

Android 5.1.1 Omni ROM For Motorola Xoom

Back in Feb 2011, the Motorola Xoom became the first device to be sold with Android 3.0 … more

[Q] Individual Sound Notifications for Phone & Messaging Apps?

4,276 posts
Thanks Meter: 885
 
By Beards, Senior Member on 3rd July 2014, 01:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Guys,
Do any of you use individual sound notifications for either the Phone or Messaging Apps?
I appreciate titles such as GoSMS Pro and Textra for messaging can handle individual sounds but it would be good to hear if the standard apps on the G3 could achieve this?
 
 
3rd July 2014, 09:22 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
You can do this with app from gp called MegaSound
The Following User Says Thank You to DforDesign For This Useful Post: [ View ]
3rd July 2014, 10:43 PM |#3  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DforDesign

You can do this with app from gp called MegaSound

Sorry but I don't think I explained it clearly enough..
Basically what I am looking for is an app that when one of your contacts is called into a notification be it a phone call or a text message it plays a sound that identifies the caller.

In the past I have created dozens of individually identifiable text/phone alerts that I use to identify who is either phoning or texting me.
GoSMS Pro and Textra to name but two I have used in the past to give each contact their own individual sound notification.
I was hoping rather than install GoSMS Pro or Textra again maybe I could use the default phone and messaging apps but with some way to identify each of my contacts?
3rd July 2014, 11:16 PM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag phoenix
Thanks Meter: 1,037
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards

Sorry but I don't think I explained it clearly enough..
Basically what I am looking for is an app that when one of your contacts is called into a notification be it a phone call or a text message it plays a sound that identifies the caller.

In the past I have created dozens of individually identifiable text/phone alerts that I use to identify who is either phoning or texting me.
GoSMS Pro and Textra to name but two I have used in the past to give each contact their own individual sound notification.
I was hoping rather than install GoSMS Pro or Textra again maybe I could use the default phone and messaging apps but with some way to identify each of my contacts?

LG doesn't have it under menu in the individual contact .... like samsung you go into the contact and press menu and it brings up the chance to set individual ring tone but I don't think you can for notifications I don't have my lg g3 until sprint releases sorry

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2
The Following User Says Thank You to Epix4G For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 12:05 AM |#5  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epix4G

LG doesn't have it under menu in the individual contact .... like samsung you go into the contact and press menu and it brings up the chance to set individual ring tone but I don't think you can for notifications I don't have my lg g3 until sprint releases sorry

Sent from my SM-N900P using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Thanks.... I guessed it would end up like this.
Yet again it's the phone that has individual ringtone but messenger can't have the same.
4th July 2014, 07:22 AM |#6  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,847
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beards

Thanks.... I guessed it would end up like this.
Yet again it's the phone that has individual ringtone but messenger can't have the same.

If you get zedge download a ring tone then set as contact pick the contact job done, just tried it and works fine
The Following User Says Thank You to jaythenut For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th July 2014, 10:09 AM |#7  
Beards's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 885
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

If you get zedge download a ring tone then set as contact pick the contact job done, just tried it and works fine

Thanks but I have two problems with this:-
1. It doesn't allow you to select a pre-made sound file.
2. Are you sure this allocates the same sound file for an individual to both the phone and messaging apps?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes