Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,813,583 Members 37,646 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q]boot loop

Tip us?

idanama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q]boot loop

So guys i tried to change my volume for speaker by the forum guide and got boot looped... i did backup the original file but have no idea what to do... any help??

jaythenut
Old
Thanks Meter 1,509
Quote:
Originally Posted by idanama View Post
So guys i tried to change my volume for speaker by the forum guide and got boot looped... i did backup the original file but have no idea what to do... any help??
pull the battery might work

badtzo
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Do you have acces to TWRP?? if answer is YES, then you can boot into it and use ADB commands on your computer to replace the file for the previous one.

If you can't use TWRP then you must use PC Suite and use recovery from error upgrades, this will flash your phone with your stock rom but won't gonna wipe your data so it's safe.
If my post help you, don't forget to press the thanks button

idanama
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks guys! used the pc suit and solved the problem! thanks

garylgray
Old
Thanks Meter 42

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by badtzo View Post
Do you have acces to TWRP?? if answer is YES, then you can boot into it and use ADB commands on your computer to replace the file for the previous one.

If you can't use TWRP then you must use PC Suite and use recovery from error upgrades, this will flash your phone with your stock rom but won't gonna wipe your data so it's safe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by idanama View Post
thanks guys! used the pc suit and solved the problem! thanks

I ran into the same issue. Phone is stuck in a bootloop. What is the process exactly? Since its in a bootloop my computer and my phone don't link. So I cant even get to factory reset. What do I do?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

jtambis6
Old
Thanks Meter 10
I ran into the same issue trying to increase my speaker volume and encountered a bootloop after a reboot.

I used LG PC Suite to recover but I was never able to connect properly, even with all LG USB drivers installed.

I resorted into flashing a stock firmware (10h) using the LG Flashtool and I was able to use my phone once more, but from a fresh install.

I will stay away from any sound mods until there is a permanent recovery I can install on my LG G3 D855
HTC Evo 4G (used as alarm clock)
HTC Evo 3D (used to show-off its 3D capability)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (collecting dust)
Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100: Back to stock Jelly Bean 4.1.2 (handed down to my brother)
Samsung Galaxy S4 i9500: Omega v20 :Perseus Alpha v15.2
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9000: VN-Rom v14 Kernel: Halaszk 16
Sony Xperia Z2 (Sold to Mom)
LG G3 D855 32GB Rooted/Stock Rom

badtzo
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by garylgray View Post
I ran into the same issue. Phone is stuck in a bootloop. What is the process exactly? Since its in a bootloop my computer and my phone don't link. So I cant even get to factory reset. What do I do?

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
Try turning on your device on download mode before connecting to pc. You can follow pc suite or what @jtambis6 suggest. I recommend to try pc suite first.
If my post help you, don't forget to press the thanks button

deejay6901
Old
Thanks Meter 41

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtambis6 View Post
I ran into the same issue trying to increase my speaker volume and encountered a bootloop after a reboot.

I used LG PC Suite to recover but I was never able to connect properly, even with all LG USB drivers installed.

I resorted into flashing a stock firmware (10h) using the LG Flashtool and I was able to use my phone once more, but from a fresh install.

I will stay away from any sound mods until there is a permanent recovery I can install on my LG G3 D855
how did it worked for you? mine stays black screen with only flashing led. i can get into download mode but cant install my kdz. please help.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tapatalk 2