Issues with music albums being split

OP aliveon2legs

16th July 2014, 03:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

108 posts
I've been fiddling with my G3 for a little over a day now and I can't seem to figure this one out. Several of my albums are being split in two in my G3 media player. Below is a screen shot showing Pearl Jam Ten and Vs showing up as two albums. Both should have 12 songs in them, but are split out. It seems random, too. On Ten it is the 5'th, 6'th and last song that are split out into the second album that only has 3 songs. They are all in the same folder on my SD card, and they all displayed properly when the same SD card was in my previous phone. On Vs it is the 5'th song that somehow displays as it's own Vs album.

Any ideas?

16th July 2014, 03:11 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 2

8 posts
I don't own a G3, but I've had this problem on several other phones before. you have to use windows to edit the songs in question info in properties. Depending on where you got the music from, a lot of the properties info is not there or messed up so the phone splits it up to where the info for songs match up hence why you have 2 different albums for the same one. Gets worse if the album has a lot of ppl credited on the songs then the music player will spit each song into its own album. Take all the music that's split off your device. Use Windows to edit the properties/track info so it ALL matches, and then throw them back on your device. You should be good after that.
16th July 2014, 04:05 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 18

108 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicSkin

I don't own a G3, but I've had this problem on several other phones before. you have to use windows to edit the songs in question info in properties. Depending on where you got the music from, a lot of the properties info is not there or messed up so the phone splits it up to where the info for songs match up hence why you have 2 different albums for the same one. Gets worse if the album has a lot of ppl credited on the songs then the music player will spit each song into its own album. Take all the music that's split off your device. Use Windows to edit the properties/track info so it ALL matches, and then throw them back on your device. You should be good after that.

Thanks, that certainly seems to do the trick. I'm coming from 3 generations of HTC's, so I guess their players are a bit less sensitive to the details.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread