Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Found (j) over OTA but LG PC Suite says no Update. How to install manually?

OP oktaya

24th August 2014, 12:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

57 posts
More
I am rooted so a regular OTA update doesn't work. From g to i, I used PC Suite which when it found the i update upgraded me without question. (I.e i didn't have to unroot). Now I want to install j from aug 7 which the phone's update feature shows and downloads. (I thought it was pre release but probably not). How can I find the file on the phone and install it on the PC manually? Would the PC Suite recognize an already downloaded update file (like Itunes does). ?

Any hints to help me find it? Would it have a kdz extension? Right now I am searching with the string "v10j" but nothing is being found.
24th August 2014, 02:46 PM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 5

57 posts
More
For those who might have similar issues. I had to "Restore Upgrade Errors" on LG PC Suite, which failed, and I had to repeat it. DOn't just hit "retry", close program and click "Restore upgrade errors" again otherwise it will keep failing. This effectively returned me to an unrooted v10i. From there I was able to use Software Update on the phone to get the (j) OTA. It is currently Dalvikizing my formerly Art apps and looks like it will work. From there I have to root again and debloat.
The Following User Says Thank You to oktaya For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread