Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Keyboard Shortcuts?

OP TheKrow

11th July 2014, 06:50 PM   |  #1  
TheKrow's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 4
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Hey guys,

How can I add keyboard shortcuts? The option isn't in personal dictionary and I'm sick of typing my email out all the time, wanting to set something like @@ to fill in my email address.

Help?
11th July 2014, 07:54 PM   |  #2  
jaythenut's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,645
 
5,466 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrow

Hey guys,

How can I add keyboard shortcuts? The option isn't in personal dictionary and I'm sick of typing my email out all the time, wanting to set something like @@ to fill in my email address.

Help?

go to keyboard settings then bottom row keys drag the settings out and put in symbol key and choose @
11th July 2014, 08:08 PM   |  #3  
TheKrow's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Liverpool
Thanks Meter: 4
 
32 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaythenut

go to keyboard settings then bottom row keys drag the settings out and put in symbol key and choose @

Ah no sorry - what I mean is, how can I create a text shortcut so if I type @@ it will add my full email address into the email bar.

Kind of like a text expander...
19th July 2014, 06:41 PM   |  #4  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
64 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrow

Ah no sorry - what I mean is, how can I create a text shortcut so if I type @@ it will add my full email address into the email bar.

Kind of like a text expander...

Bump I'd like to know this too as you can't add an email address to your words/dictionary
21st September 2014, 04:03 PM   |  #5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
23 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by netjack

Bump I'd like to know this too as you can't add an email address to your words/dictionary

Bump again. I too am looking for this. Web search brought me here.
1st November 2014, 02:58 PM   |  #6  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2014
Me too. I cant even to personal dictionary whilst using google keyboard.
7th November 2014, 01:29 PM   |  #7  
Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
52 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2014
has anyone figured this out?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes