Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,686 Members 37,363 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Knock on and keeping G3 in a pocket

Tip us?

monk12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I did try just using knock code without the knock on feature, but as I mentioned before, the phone seems to recognize a series of pressure inputs while walking as an failed unlock attempt which leads to the mentioned backup pin notification within minutes.

Cro0707
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
I have the same problem as mentioned in the first post. Also, I've have it only once with the pattern unlock enabled, so there was combination of power on key that turned display on and wrong gesture for several times. The problem is that phone then asks for PIN and it will automatically *disable* knock or pattern unlock, so you need to set it again...

It is a good feature but most of the user will disable it. Maybe LG do something in some of software updates. BTW, why still there is no update for him? There is ton of bugs.
Samsung Galaxy S3

theoryzz
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk12 View Post
I did try just using knock code without the knock on feature, but as I mentioned before, the phone seems to recognize a series of pressure inputs while walking as an failed unlock attempt which leads to the mentioned backup pin notification within minutes.
dude can u please tell me how to use the knock code without using the knock on?
because on my phone even after i turn off the knock on/off on the hidden setting my phone still can be woken up by the double knock if i set my lockscreen to knock code.
thx a bunch!

Shermo
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Had this happen a few times, had all sorts of random things happen on my phone because of this. Apps opened, things moved on desktop... luckily not dialled anyone yet

Cholo981
Old
Thanks Meter 39

DONATE TO ME
One of the main feature of this phone, basically make it unusable.
Every time I take the phone from my pocket, I have to insert the pin code and set the knock code AGAIN.

And if you disable it, you have to deal with the rear power button.

Enough with this phone...

hochui
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by monk12 View Post
Iím experiencing the unlock-in-pocket problem as well and it is driving me crazy. First I tried to disable the knock on/off feature as recommended in this thread, but it doesnít help at all. I use a four digit knock code as unlock procedure but the problem is, that my phone
is obviously recognizing each series of pressure inputs (when I walk) as unlock attempt which leads to a prompt for my backup pin. The proximity sensor is working on my device, I tested it with my finger and it worked just fine. But it completely fails in my jeans pocket!
So finally I decided to disable knock code as well and going with swipe unlock (after turning the screen on with the power button) instead.
Hoped this would solve my problem but unfortunately I experienced a new problem straight away. Sometimes, after waking up the phone with the
power button, the touch screen remains unresponsive which can only be solved with removing the battery. (This problem is known in this forum as well).
My phone is almost stock, itís only rooted for using the G3 tweaks box app. Could this cause the problem or is anyone without root experiencing this issue?
I would very much appreciate any suggestions for my problem! I canít believe this is happening with a new phone.
I also have same problem. I have gpro2 before and dont have this problem. So the problem is for g3, not knock on function

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

dubart
Old
Thanks Meter 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cholo981 View Post
One of the main feature of this phone, basically make it unusable.
Every time I take the phone from my pocket, I have to insert the pin code and set the knock code AGAIN.

And if you disable it, you have to deal with the rear power button.

Enough with this phone...
+1
This is so frustrating. Going back to Flex.

Since 1997
: N.1610, Er.GA628, Pan.GD30, Pan.GD92, Siem.C35i, Sam.SGH2200, N.3310, Alc.OT511, N.5210, Er.T65, Siem.M55, SE.T68i, SE.T610/630, SE.K700, SE.K750, N.6230, N.6230i, SE.W950, SE.K800, N80, N73, HTC Trinity, HTC Diamond, N95, N95 8GB, E66, iP3G, iP3GS, HTC Legend, HTC Desire, SGS, iP4, Xperia Mini 2, SGSII, iP4S, Prestigio 4500, SGSIII, Tab P5100, Xperia Z, SGS4, Umi X2, Lenovo P780, LG G2, LG G Flex, LG G3, Note 3 + Lenovo S860 + Note 10.1 LTE

monk12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoryzz View Post
dude can u please tell me how to use the knock code without using the knock on?
because on my phone even after i turn off the knock on/off on the hidden setting my phone still can be woken up by the double knock if i set my lockscreen to knock code.
thx a bunch!
that's very strange, for me this did work well and the phone does not wake up by touching the screen anymore. Maybe try something else. Try using the app "more shortcuts". This allows you to create a direct shortcut to the real grafical menu to turn on and off the knock on feature (see attachment). Maybe this will work for you. I have a shortcut on my homescreen and turn knock-on off every time I leave the house. The best solution until there is a fix for the problem.

(If the screen-not-responding-problem occures, I found a solution for this as well, although it is not very elegant. Try knocking on the screen with four fingers randomly as if you were playing the piano very fast. The screen will unfreeze within seconds.)
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-08-11-14-30-50.png
Views:	64
Size:	235.4 KB
ID:	2893155
The Following User Says Thank You to monk12 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

monk12
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Sorry, I just checked on my phone again, you are right, as soon as knock code is used, the double tap does still turn on the screen.
I didn't realize that because knock code didn't work for me at all so I changed my unlock method to swipe with knock-on disabled (which does work)
Sorry again, wasn't aware of that.