Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,402 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LG-D855 v10h root & questions

Tip us?

Viptr
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default LG-D855 v10h root & questions

Hello. I've bought 2 days ago the lg g3 int variant.I've done all the updates and I've gone to v10h. I've searched to find the righ root tool for me but I've been a little confused. Which tool is for my phone? I've. Seen some threads and I have some other questions too.
1. Is bootloader unlocked now?
2. Will I brick my phone if i root it and update from v10h rom to any newer that will be released in the future?
3. Is there any way after rooting my phone to make my screen go even lower in brightness?
4. How do you all see the v10h rom according to battery life?

And finally one statement.. The phone is reaaally slow for the specs it has... :-/ It s my first lg phone and i want your opinion about lg and the updates thry release. Should i hope they make any good updates or should i sell it now to save money because its still new...? All my phones was samsung branded and i really loved them but i changed brand because the style touchwiz etc was pretty the same in all of them. For the galaxy s2 ive had to my latest.. Note 3. Thank you in advanced for any question you can answer! And sorry for my english..

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app

Viptr
Old
(Last edited by Viptr; 26th August 2014 at 02:13 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Also Ive noticed that maps app drains my battery....
I have closed location and the app but it still have drained my battery more than my screen... It says that gps is running for 7 hours straight.......

Here is a screenshot

Viptr
Old
(Last edited by Viptr; 26th August 2014 at 10:13 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
not even one answer to all these questions....!?

pedja.m
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viptr View Post
Hello. I've bought 2 days ago the lg g3 int variant.I've done all the updates and I've gone to v10h. I've searched to find the righ root tool for me but I've been a little confused. Which tool is for my phone? I've. Seen some threads and I have some other questions too.
1. Is bootloader unlocked now?
2. Will I brick my phone if i root it and update from v10h rom to any newer that will be released in the future?
3. Is there any way after rooting my phone to make my screen go even lower in brightness?
4. How do you all see the v10h rom according to battery life?

And finally one statement.. The phone is reaaally slow for the specs it has... :-/ It s my first lg phone and i want your opinion about lg and the updates thry release. Should i hope they make any good updates or should i sell it now to save money because its still new...? All my phones was samsung branded and i really loved them but i changed brand because the style touchwiz etc was pretty the same in all of them. For the galaxy s2 ive had to my latest.. Note 3. Thank you in advanced for any question you can answer! And sorry for my english..

1. No unless you have T-Mobile variant
2. No. There is a possibility that you will lose root, but you can root it again after flashing new version
3. I don't understand this one. You want to go even lower with brightness. Since that doesnt make any sense, i guess your question was aimed at max brightness being lower after rooting the phone. The answer is no, rooting does not affect the brightness settings.
4. It's pretty good for me, I'd say best so far. Using it myself.

It seems to me that you don't rly know what "root" means. To put a simple analogy with Windows OS, it's like this: When you are not rooted you are on a smth like "Guest" account, and when you are rooted you are "Administrator" account. It just gives you more freedom and influence on the system which you may, or may not use.