Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG G3 Front Camera crash

OP nick1973nz

8th July 2014, 06:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
I love my LG G3 but the front camera has been giving me trouble.

For the first week its great (except my wife keeps borrowing it for selfies haha). Then suddenly the front camera stops working. Trying to activate front camera in any app (I tried LG Camera, Google Camera, Hangouts with Vid call) results in that app locking up for about 10 seconds then crashing back home screen on a pretty usable phone. Do it once more and the whole phone becomes unusable - even long hold power off won;t work, requiring battery extraction to recover it.

I have tried removing data and cache from the camera app and that didn't help.

Tried a software data reset (via the menus), that didn't help.

Just for kicks I enabled ART in developer menu to see if that possibly helped, it didn't (side note: ART seems snappy)

So I am at a loss now, next step after this is hard reset, but I am not optimistic that will achieve anything the soft reset didn't.

Anyone else encountered similar issues?

Nick
8th July 2014, 06:31 PM   |  #2  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

5 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nick1973nz

I love my LG G3 but the front camera has been giving me trouble.
So I am at a loss now, next step after this is hard reset, but I am not optimistic that will achieve anything the soft reset didn't.

It didn't. Result seems the same as the menu based reset. Not unexpectedly.
21st September 2014, 06:05 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hi there,

Just got my Lg G3 and all works great but after a while (few hours) the same problem accured...the camera crashed when i switched from rear to front and after that even rear wouldn't work.

I did factory reset...still same problem. Then i focused on my case...i realized that this problem appeared when i installed quick circle cover (it has no wireless charging on the back cover) soo i removed it and installed original. Camera works like a charm now!

Sent from my LG-D855 using XDA Free mobile app
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread